The Nord C2D Drawbar Combo Organ features 2 sets of physical drawbars per manual. This Nord Digital Organ creates extremely realistic simulations of a B3 tone wheel organ, Vox and Farfisa transistor organs and a beautiful sampled baroque pipe organ. The new Nord C2D digital organ is the ultimate portable organ solution.
There's something rather special about a B3, that iconic drone rich with harmonics and gritty distortion is a sound for the ages. The Vox Continental sums up the 60's like few other instruments, House Of The Rising Sun and Light My Fire wouldn't be the same about it. The Farfisa has seen action with Kraftwerk, Pulp and Tangerine Dream and is responsible for some of the defining organ tones.
The real beauty of these instruments exists in the little details and it's here where the Nord really shines. Every quirk of the original units has been captured in the C2D. Three Classic Organs In One.
Their simulation not only reacts to the panel settings but even adapts to the real time performance and will faithfully reproduce the important foldback and energy robbing characteristics; the latter produces the gentle compression effect that makes those lovely smears absolutely wonderful. There are 4 tone wheel modes available, ranging from the default vintage battered workhorse with plenty of leakage to a clean factory spec'd instrument.
The mesmerizing sound of an accelerating Rotary Speaker spreading the sound around the room is an essential component of the tone wheel organ experience. The Nord C2D features 2 different Rotary Speaker simulations, one based on a 145 unit (also available in the Nord C2) and a brand new simulation of a vintage 122-unit. There are three modes - Stop, Slow and Fast mode that can be controlled either with the onboard panel buttons, an optional foot pedal or the Nord Half-Moon Switch (accessory). The rotary speaker overdrive simulation has also been redesigned and adds an incredibly meaty roar to your sound. Naturally, the Nord C2D can also be connected to an external rotary speaker cabinet using the 11-pin Leslie* high voltage output or the high level ¼" jack output.
Full hands on control
Having two sets of drawbars per manual and the new left hand drawbar preset panel makes using drawbars actively while playing a joy. The new preset panels let you instantly switch between drawbar sets and features 3 user programmable drawbar preset buttons per manual.
The Nord C2D 61-key waterfall keyboard offers an ultra-fast response and has a firm mechanical action to provide you with the rock solid feel of an original vintage instrument... For increased ergonomics the panel and upper manual has been tilted slightly towards the player and the panel between the manuals have a smooth surface that's easy on the hands when doing smears.
- Lightweight Having three vintage organs and a baroque pipe organ in your studio is fun, but it's even better when you can easily carry them with you to a gig. Weighing only 16 kg, the Nord C2D lets you save your energy for the performance.
- Monitor Input Just plug your MP3 or CD player to the Nord C2D monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system.
The signal is monitored through the headphone output.
- Flexible output routing The C2 treats the main left and right outputs as one group, separated from the Leslie 11-pin and High Level outputs. This provides total flexibility in the routing of the organ models.
- Easy-to-use manager The included Nord Sound Manager is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to organize and back-up your programs and is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OSX.
- B3 tone wheel organ simulation
- Improved Key Click simulation
- Improved Percussion model
- Improved Bass Response
- Rotary Speaker and amp simulations
- Delay, EQ, Drive and Reverb effects
- New 122 Rotary and Overdrive simulations
- Farfisa* and Vox* transistor organ simulations
- Baroque Pipe Organ
- Dual manual, 61 key waterfall keys
- Two sets of physical drawbars per manual
- Left hand drawbar preset panel
- 11-pin Leslie* Output
*Steinway, Wurlitzer, Hohner, Clavinet, Farfisa and Vox are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated or associated with Clavia. These trademarks are mentioned here as a reference to a sound only. Leslie is mentioned to describe a connector standard.
- 3-band Equalizer
- 3 types of Speaker Simulations - including two Rotary
Speaker models (122, 122 Close and 145) with selectable speed (slow -
stop - fast)
- Delay - with feedback and tap-tempo function
- Reverb - 6 algorithms
- 2 x 61 Medium Weighted Waterfall Keys
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 2 Line Level Audio Outputs, L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm
- High Level Outputs:
- - 11-pin Leslie* standard connector
- - ¼", 6,35 mm jack
- Monitor Input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal Input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary
pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25
- Rotor Control Input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary
pedal or a switch type pedal or the Half Moon switch (accessory, not
- Swell Pedal Input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a
Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connector
- MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connector
- Bass Pedal MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connector
- USB - type B connector
- IEC C14 power connector