UltraNova is a ‘Nova’ series analogue-modeling synthesizer with a
powerful effects processor. It is a single-part synth taking the legendary
Supernova II synth engine as a starting point and packing it with the
latest technology including wavetable synthesis, a software editor and a
revolutionary new touch-sense performance mode.
UltraNova is the new generation of Novation’s iconic ‘Nova’ range of synthesizers. It packs the massive ‘Nova’ sound into a compact body with a built-in vocoder. A new ‘Touch’ performance system places deep control of the synth right at your fingertips – so incredible new ways to play, create and perform are just a touch away.
UltraNova has 300 onboard sounds that you can browse by type and musical genre, so gigging musicians can get started straight away. You can quickly change the character of the sound with 8 encoders and a large, smooth encoder for detailed control.
It also comes with software plug-in editor which gives you in-depth visual editing, and can be opened and controlled in your DAW. There is also a software patch librarian that allows you to store, organize and search for an unlimited number of patches by type and genre.
UltraNova has wavetable synthesis, 14 filter types, 6 envelopes, 3 LFOs, 5 effects slots, density/detune and much more. This level of power needs clear control, so each part of the synth has a dedicated button that assigns parameters to the 8 encoders above the LCD screen. This makes UltraNova fast and easy to program, like an analogue synth.
UltraNova has an onboard 2 in 4 out USB Audio Interface that can transfer audio directly to and from your computer. It also has a SPDIF output, MIDI in/out/thru ports (for hardware-to-hardware connectivity). Finally, UltraNova can work in ‘Automap mode’, transforming its eight encoders into a powerful controller for plug-ins and DAWs.
The Ultranova Is Used By...
Alt-J Keyboardist Gus Unger-Hamilton
"Since getting my hands on the Ultranova, it has immediately become an indispensable part of my stage set-up. It's so portable and light, but delivers really heavy bass sounds, which is what I primarily use it for - perfect for touring and playing live."
The new, free Supernova SoundPack
gives Ultranova users an expanded palette of awesome sounds inspired by the classic Novation Supernova. To give you a little taste here's a demo of the patches, containing everything from growling basslines to fat string sounds.
The range of sounds available for the Ultranova is ever expanding with Daniel Fisher recently releasing a soundset. Pro sounds at no extra cost.
Key features of the UltraNova
Brand new Nova-series synth engine based on Supernova II:
- Single part with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots
- Patch Browse enables you to browse 300 sounds by type & genre
Touch-sense controls enable totally new sound-shaping & performance:
- Trigger envelopes/LFOs/filters/FX by just touching the encoders
- Large rotary control allows you fine control of any parameter
Totally gig-able with 37 full sized keys, a vocoder, and loads of controls:
- Voice optimized 12 band vocoder with gooseneck mic - Now Enhanced With A Firmware Update!
- High quality key bed with aftertouch for expressive playing styles
Software plug-in editor and Patch Librarian for full visual editing:
- Plug-in editor allows you to view and edit in with software
- Software Patch Librarian a organize, store and share unlimited patches
Built-in 2 in 4 out USB audio interface and it can be bus powered:
- UltraNova can be used to stream audio to and from a host computer
- Stereo main (analogue & SPDIF) and aux outputs, and MIDI in/out/thru ports
Additional features of UltraNova:
- Chord function
- Filter distortion
- Density & Detune functions
- Automap controller
- Powered by USB or the included power supply