Named the “Synthesizer of the Year” at the 2004 MIPA Awards, Roland’s groundbreaking V-Synth now has a travel-friendly offspring.
- The V-Synth’s powerful variable-oscillator synthesis in rack/tabletop module
- New patches by world-class artists, and Sound Shaper function for fast navigation through extensive editing parameters.
- Rhythm Sets for unique rhythmic manipulation
- Multi-Step Modulator for incredible sound-design possibilities
- Extended analog-modeled waveform set, including SuperSaw, Polyphonic Feedback Oscillator, and X-mod (cross modulation) Oscillator
- USB streaming-audio, MIDI, and file transfer for one-cable computer connectivity
- VC-1 D-50 card and VC-2 Vocal Designer card pre-installed; live switching function enables V-Card application to be launched without rebooting
- Color touch-screen and eight universal edit knobs for fast, friendly operation
- Front-panel combo XLR/phono input for external audio processing
Standard or Surreal
The original V-Synth’s factory soundset was a showcase of twisting, bending, otherworldly sounds. But the V-Synth is no one-trick pony, as evidenced by the new batch of unique “playable” patches created by an A-list group of star artists and producers. The patches might sound classic at first touch, but they explode to animated life when modulated. Start on familiar terrain, then hit the launchpad V-Synth style!
Experts onboard! The XT’s innovative Sound Shaper function allows you create new sounds with the virtual “know-how” of professional sound designers. By selecting your destination sound type — whether a pad, bass, lead sound, etc. — this macro function guides you quickly through relevant parameters while editing. Complex editing is made easy.
The XT provides a variety of input paths for sampling and external-audio processing. You can sample directly into the synth via its audio inputs (XLR and 1/4-inch), you can import samples through USB (WAV and AIF format), or you can feed live audio to the XT for processing in real time. The front-panel Hi-Z input allows the XT to function as a unique and powerful effects rack for guitar or other instruments, the XLR input (with phantom power) allows the XT to be utilized as a full-blown vocoder. USB audio streaming enables computer-aided sound design and additional audio-processing possibilities.
Flexible Hardware Design
Physically speaking, the XT is the most flexible rack unit Roland has ever manufactured. It can be mounted in a rack, where it can be positioned flush or tilted and locked at an angle that best suits your working environment. Or, if you prefer, you can take the XT out of the rack, and place it on a flat surface. Its angled profile is designed to make the XT work perfectly as a standalone tabletop unit. Whether used in a rack or on a tabletop, the XT’s large, color touch-screen display provides luxurious navigation, and its row of eight universal edit knobs makes using the synth fast, friendly, and expressive.
VC-1 & VC-2 Built-in
In addition to its user sampling, elastic-audio manipulation, and analog-synth modeling, the XT comes pre-installed with Roland’s VC-1 (D-50 emulator) and VC-2 (Vocal Designer). It’s like getting two additional instruments for free!
VC-1: "D-50 for V-Synth"
The VC-1 transforms the XT into Roland’s legendary D-50 synthesizer. Relive the D-50 in all its glory. Every circuit and precise detail of this legendary synthesizer has been faithfully modeled. It doesn’t just sound like a D-50, it is a D-50.
VC-2: "Vocal Designer"
The VC-2 brings advanced vocal modeling to the V-Synth XT platform — from legacy vocoders to massive choir models with a level of expression never before achieved from conventional voice-processing algorithms.