The new Korg ARP Odyssey Rev 3 Module is the ideal desktop analogue synthesizer, delivering that same classic sound that attract users to the original. The ARP Odyssey was one of the best and most popular synthsin the Seventies, used by top names such as Stevie Wonder, Jimmy Page and John Lord.
Just like Korg's original reissue, the Rev 1 module delivers the same authentic, vintage analogue synth sounds: fat, warm and always a joy to experiment with!
Since its appearance in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has been loved by countless musicians as a classic analog synthesizer. Forty years later, in 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG resurrected the ARP ODYSSEY with a complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry. The ARP sound, which continues to be envied as an iconic analog synthesizer, was once again back in the hands of today's musicians. Now, KORG has further broadened the reach of the ARP ODYSSEY in today's world by releasing a new model.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a keyboard-less ARP ODYSSEY with the very same analog synthesis circuitry that completely reproduces the original. To fit perfectly in today's DAW-centric music production environments, we provide it in a more compact module form. The lineup includes two models, the white Rev1 and the black and orange Rev3, reproducing traditional styling in a cutting-edge tabletop body. The real ARP sound that transcends history is once again available to the world.
An ARP ODYSSEY module that emanates synthesis power from your tabletop
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a tabletop analog synth module based on KORG's revived ARP ODYSSEY. In its compact, keyboard-less body, it contains the exact same circuitry as the original, making it even easier for you to obtain that rich analog sound that only a genuine ARP ODYSSEY can produce.
By adding the ARP ODYSSEY Module to their setup, DAW users can enhance their production environment with powerful analog sound that cannot be obtained from any plugin. You can also perform in conjunction with a sequencer such as the KORG SQ-1. If you're a player with a keyboard that you prefer, you can connect the ARP ODYSSEY Module via MIDI to your favorite keyboard and play it to your heart's content. In addition, the ARP ODYSSEY Module newly supports MIDI pitch bend.
Rev1 or Rev3?
The ARP ODYSSEY Module lineup includes the best-known Rev3 design with its characteristic black panel and orange silk-screening, as well as the white-paneled Rev1 design that marks this instrument's historic beginning. The unique shape of the slider grips, their smooth operating feel, and the layout of the switches all perfectly reproduce the layout of the original despite the compact module design.
The body, on the other hand, has been redesigned for its new life in module form, featuring a sturdy steel chassis befitting the weighty sounds produced by this instrument throughout its forty-year history.
Korg ARP Odyssey Module Specifications:
- Maximum Polyphony: 2 voices for duophonic; normally monophonic
- Transpose Positions: 2 octaves down, normal, 2 octave up
- Proportional Pitch Control: b (Pitch down) Pad: about -2 / 3 octave, - (Modulation) Pad, # (Pitch-up) Pad about +2 / 3 octave
- Noise Generator Noise Spectrum Types (white and pink)
- Portamento Maximum Speed about 0.01 msec./oct / Minimum Speed about 1.5 sec./oct
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) Waveforms: Sawtooth, Square, Pluse (Dynamic Pluse) / Frequency Range: VCO-1 in low freq. mode, 0.2 Hz – 20 Hz: VCO-1 and VCO-2 (audio range) about 20 Hz – 20 kHz / Warm Up Drift: 1/30 semitone from turn on max / Pulse Width: 50 % – 5 % / Pulse Width Modulation: ADSR, +45 % ,LFO +15 %
- Voltage Controlled Response 1 V/oct
- Maximum Frequency Shifts: LFO sin wave, +1/2 oct. / LFO square wave, +1.5 oct. / ADSR, +9 oct. / S/H, +2 oct. * VCO-1 is low note priority, VCO-2 is high note priority.
- VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter) Types: Low pass (I: 12 dB/oct., II III: 24 dB/oct.)
- Frequency Range 16 Hz - 16 kHz
- Maximum Usable Q 30
- Resonance 1/2 - self oscillate
- Voltage Controlled Response: C3 key (left edge): 0 V / C6 key (right edge) 3 V
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) Dynamic Range 80 dB
- Ring Modulator Type: Digital /Input Signal VCO-1, VCO-2 (square wave)
- Sample & Hold Command Sources: Keyboard or LFO trigger, Sampled Signals: VCO-1 sawtooth wave and square wave, VCO-2 square wave and pink noise
- ADSR Envelope Generator: Attack Time 5 msec. - 5 sec. / Decay Time 10 msec. - 8 sec. / Sutatin Level 0 - 100 % or Peak / Release Time 15 msec. - 10 sec.
- AR Envelope Generator Attack Time 5 msec. - 5 sec. / Release Time 10 msec. - 8 sec.
- Control Input Jacks: Pedal 6.3 mm monaural phone jack, Portamento Foot Switch 6.3 mm monaural phone jack
- Audio Output Jacks LOW: Connector 6.3 mm monaural phone jack Maximum Output Level -20 dBu@ 10 k ohm load Output Impedance 10 k ohm
- Audio Output Jacks HIGH: Connector XLR connector Maximum Output Level +4 dBu@ 1 k ohm load Output Impedance 330 ohm
- Headphones Jack: Connector 6.3 mm stereo phone jack Maximum Output Level 50 mW + 50 mW@ 33 ohm load Output Impedance 10 ohm * Controllable by volume knob.
- External Audio Input (Ext Audio Input) Jack Connector 6.3 mm monaural phone jack Maximum Input Level -10 dBu Input Impedance 22 k ohm
- MIDI Connector: IN
- USB Connector: Type B
- CV IN/OUT Jacks Keyboard CV (IN/OUT) 1 V/oct. Connector 3.5 mm monaural phone jack
- GATE IN/OUT Jacks: GATE IN +3 V (minimum) GATE OUT +10 V, key down; 0 V all keys up Connector 3.5 mm monaural phone jack
- TRIG IN/OUT Jacks: TRIG IN +3 V pulse min., 10 μsec. Duration minimum TRIG OUT +10 V pulse on key depression, 10 μsec. Duration , Connector 3.5 mm monaural phone jack
- Power Supply AC adapter jack (DC 9V)
- Power Consumption 6.5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 496 x 265 x 89 mm / 19.53” x 10.43” x 3.50”
- Weight 3.7 kg / 8.16 lbs
- Design Variations White (ARP ODYSSEY Module Rev1), Black and Orange (ARP ODYSSEY Module Rev3)
- Included Items AC adapter, phone cable, mini-phone cable