The Yamaha FM synthesizers shaped the sound of the 80’s like no other electronic instrument. With the reface DX, all these legendary sounds are back in the 21st century – ready for the new generation of FM sound fans.
If you like the sound of 1980s synthesizer, you'll love this new Yamaha reface DX! The most accurate reproduction of the classic Yamaha synths of the New Wave / Electronic Pop golden age. Think Michael Jackson, Depeche Mode, Human League and all of those classic synth sounds of the 80's, and put them in a small, affordable and super-versatile package you can take anywhere and there you have it - the reface DX!
A carefully developed user interface offers intuitive access to the FM tone generators even for starters. A capacitive multi touch controller allows dynamic modifications of a sound. The reface DX is also polyphonic with 8 voices and features 7 effects.
Discover and share sounds online
All four reface models offer a rich potential for creative sound design – and the opportunity to get in touch with the whole world: With Soundmondo, Yamaha created an online hub connecting the reface community all over the globe. Soundmondo offers creative possibilities to create, share and discover sounds. The connection is established intuitively using a special Web MIDI technology for Google Chrome. As soon as a reface model is plugged in, it offers the possibility of direct synchronisation. Voices and set lists can be stored in a private area as well as shared with the community.
reface iOS App for iPhone and iPad
Quick and easy storage as well as management of sounds with iPhone and iPad: The free reface iOS app for Apple mobile devices makes data transfer extremely simple. A name, a picture and multiple tags can be applied to stored voices; they can be sorted in different ways as well. Search functionality is also included. Using a set list, voices can be arranged in a specific order and recalled one after the other.
Another impressive feature is the possibility to exchange voices using QR codes: A distinctive code can be generated from any stored voice and can then be shared using the different options available with iOS. It can for example be sent via email or read using the camera of another iPad to import it into the app.
- Number of Keys 37 keys
- Type HQ mini (High-Quality mini)
- Initial Touch Yes
- Tone generation: Engine FM
- Maximum Polyphony 8
- Voices: Number of types 4 Operators, 12 Algorithms
- Number of voices 32 (memorable)
- Effects Distortion/VCM Touch Wah/Chorus/VCM Flanger/VCM Phaser/Delay/Reverb
- Phrase Looper Yes
- Display Type Full Dot LCD (128 x 64 dots)
- DC IN DC IN (12 V) jack
- Headphones PHONES (6.3 mm, stereo phone jack)
- OUT PUT L/MONO, R (6.3 mm, TS phone jack, unbalanced)
- Pedal Type SUSTAIN: FC3(A), FC4(A), FC5 (optional)
- Half dumper NO (*Half damper's control message can be sent to external device via MIDI)
- AUX IN AUX IN (3.5 mm, mini stereo phone jack)
- USB TO HOST USB (TO HOST)
- MIDI MIDI (mini-DIN IN/OUT)
- Amplifiers 2 W x 2
- Speakers 3 cm x 2
- Power Supply Adaptors PA-130 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Batteries Six “AA” size batteries or Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
- Power Consumption 6 W (When using PA-130 power adaptor)
- Battery Life Approximately 5 hours
- Auto Power Off Yes
- Dimensions Width 530 mm (20 7/8") Depth 175 mm (6 7/8") Height 60 mm (2 3/8")
- Weight 1.9 kg (4 lbs, 3 oz) (not including batteries)
- Accessories: Included AC adaptor*, MIDI breakout cable, Owner’s Manual, Warranty* *May be included depending on your locale