A milestone in Fender history!
Fender have created their first ever series of artist signature guitar amplifiers, branded with the legendary name that we all know.
Eric Clapton, throughout his 6 decade musical career has been one of the most notable exponents of Fender products. Since Clapton made the switch to the Fender Stratocaster in ‘69, he never looked back and come 1988, Fender had honoured him with the introduction of the Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster.
There are three different models in the Fender EC Series, the Twinolux, Tremolux and the smallest amp of the series, the Vibro Champ. All of the tweed EC amps are hand built in the US and are based around the specific specifications of Clapton.
The three EC series amplifiers are rather fascinating variations of their original late ‘50s ancestors, the ’57 Twin, ’57 Deluxe and the ’57 Champ and they all feature that distinctive tweed amp tone, cherished by Clapton himself.
“Each produces a full-bodied voice that is as pure and authentic as Clapton’s own, with distinctively modified electronics and elegantly classic styling that evokes his musical persona and much of his greatest work.”
The Fender EC series amps feature a ‘50s era output tube bias tremolo which produces the throbbing pulse that adds “body” to your sound. Among other premium features, the EC amps have a switchable power attenuator which reduces speaker output, so you don’t have to crank your volume all the way up to get that fully rounded sound.
The Eric Clapton signature Fender amp series simply delivers that ultimate classic tweed amp tone that attracted the guitar legend to Fender tweed amplifiers in the first place.
Fender EC Tremolux Guitar Amplifier Key Features:
- Hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board; premium components throughout
- Circuit based on late 1950s 5E3 Fender Deluxe amp - produces about 12 Watts
- Single channel with two inputs - high and low - gain inputs
- Bias Tremolo with speed control and footswitch
- Fixed Bias for increased headroom
- Celestion Heritage G12-65 speaker for increased definition with high-gain playing
- Two Groove Tubes™ 6V6GT output tubes, three 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 5Y3GT rectifier tube
- Custom transformers by Mercury Magnetics
- Switchable output power attenuator - reduces the speaker's output if desired
- Disconnectable internal speaker - allows use of external 8 Ohm speaker enclosure
- Finger-joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone
- Genuine lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle
- Deluxe fitted cover is included
- Hand made in Corona, California, US #
Fender EC Tremolux Guitar Amplifier Specifications:
- Model Name: EC Tremolux
- Series: Custom
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Color / Part #: Tweed - 815-1500-000
- Voltage: 120V - 8151500000
- Wattage: 12 watts - 8151500000
- Inputs: 1 (High input) and 2 (Low input)
- Power Handling: 12 watts
- Rectifier: 5Y3GT rectifier tube
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Speed, Output
- Cabinet Material: Solid Pine cabinet
- Handle: Leather Strap Handle
- Grill Cover: Tweed covering and vintage-style brown/gold grille cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 20" (50.8 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 16.75" (42.5 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 25 lbs. (11.4 kg)
- Speaker Description: 12”, 65 Watt Celestion Heritage G12-65 speaker
- Speaker: 12”, 65 Watt Celestion Heritage G12-65 speaker
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7A
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6
- Unique Features: Hand-wired all-tube circuitry on eyelet board; premium components throughout, Circuit based on late 1950s 5E3 Fender Deluxe amp produces about 12 Watts, Single channel with two inputs (high- and low-gain inputs), Bias Tremolo with speed control and footswitch, Fixed Bias for increased headroom, Celestion Heritage G12-65 speaker for increased definition with high-gain playing, Two Groove Tubes 6V6GT output tubes, three 12AX7 preamp tubes, and 5Y3GT rectifier tube, Custom transformers by Mercury Magnetics, Switchable output power attenuator reduces the speaker’s output if desired, Disconnectable internal speaker allows use of external 8 Ohm speaker enclosure, Finger-joined solid pine cabinet resonates with a warm, woody tone, Genuine lacquered tweed covering with vintage brown/gold grille cloth and leather strap handle, Deluxe fitted cover is included, Hand made in Corona, California, USA
- Knobs: Black Chicken Head Knobs
- Cover: Amplifier Fitted Cover Included