The Line 6 DT50 Amp Head was created for guitarists that love classic guitar tones. Whether you're looking for Classic American clean, chimey and crunchy English tones or modern high-gain distortion the Line 6 DT50 Amplifier head has them all. All great amplifiers are based on one of these four celebrated amp voicings and the four-way Voicing switch on the front panel of the DT50 guitar amp head is your speed-dial to each one.
Behind each Voicing is the perfect recipe of dynamic analog circuitry (which includes tube configuration and negative feedback loop topology), and HD amp modeling technology (which fuels the preamp and tone stack). The choice is yours.
Switchable analog components
Each Voicing can become a classic powerhouse or totally customized thanks to tube amp guru Reinhold Bogner’s uniquely flexible design. The (2) 12AX7 preamp and 50W, (2) EL34 power section offer easy reconfiguration of operating class (Class A/Class AB) and power tube mode (Pentode/Triode) for a wide range of feels and tones that can be added to each Voicing: modern or vintage, tight or dynamic.
State-of-the-art HD modeling technology goes deeper than modeling ever has and fully integrates into Reinhold Bogner’s power section. The two technologies combine and deliver a truly unique and powerful playing experience available only from DT50 amplifiers.
HD modeling technology really comes alive in low-volume mode. Perfect for recording or quieter gigs, low-volume mode lets the HD modeling technology provide both preamp and power amp tones. You can perform with all the grit and gain you need without the volume that normally comes with it.
Celestion speakers: A history of great tone
Celestion® guitar speakers are world renowned for their exceptional definition, clarity, and feel. Whether it’s sporting a Celestion Vintage 30 or a G12H90 that was custom-voiced for Line 6, each DT50 boasts clean tones that sparkle and sing, creamy overdrives that respond to the intricacies of your picking, and searing high-gain tones that launch themselves from the cabinet.
2 channels + 1 touch = total reconfiguration
DT50 goes from the perfect little clean machine to a brutal, brooding badass with all necessary components to make each tone sing. The Channel switch is your ticket to total, one-touch analog and digital reconfiguration. Any combination of voicing, operating class and power tube mode can be saved to either channel. You’re not limited to just “clean” and “dirty” – you can have whatever you want.
Traditional amp operation
Quickly dial in your tone, or take your time customizing a classic. The front-panel features two channels (with identical Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb, and Channel Volume knobs), a Master Volume knob and a few well-placed switches (including channel, operating class and power tube mode). DT50 is so simple, you already know how to use it.
Sound great, look sharp
The sleek, boutique aesthetic is inspired by the vision of master amp designer Reinhold Bogner. Premium Tolex® is carefully wrapped around every curve and corner, and the black and gold treatment is classy but earthy for a stunning on-stage presentation.
L6 LINK™ connectivity.
DT50 amplifiers and POD® HD multi-effect pedals don’t just connect, they integrate via L6 LINK technology. Here are a few advantages of connecting via L6 LINK:
- Selecting a POD HD preset automatically optimizes DT50 analog components.
- DT50 takes full advantage of the POD HD amp models and M-class effects.
- Changing tone settings on one updates the other.
- Edit POD HD tones simply by turning DT50 knobs.
- Easily create stereo or wet/dry settings. Daisy-chain amps with standard XLR cables and POD HD will do the rest.
DT50 Head Specification
- Advanced HD modeling technology
- Reinhold Bogner’s most flexible tube design
- (2) 12AX7 preamp, (2) EL34 power amp (25W/50W)
- Simple and straightforward 2-channel design
- Each channel: Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb, Channel Volume
- Master volume
- High and Low inputs
- Reconfigurable analog components (Class A/Class AB; Pentode/Triode)
- Complete, one-touch analog reconfiguration (via Channel select switch)
- Low-power mode
- MIDI in and out
- L6 LINK™ in/thru connection for POD® HD integration
- Footswitch jack for channel switching
- Serial effect loop with level control
- XLR direct out with cabinet simulation and ground lift switch
- 4, 8 and 16-ohm speaker outs