The Line 6 Spider Valve™ MkII HD100 100-watt Guitar Amp Head is the result of a collaboration between Line 6 and legendary amp designer Reinhold Bogner. This guitar amp head has been designed to deliver a vintage style tube tone and comes with a complete collection of effect modes which enable the creative guitarist to modify tones as they please.
All Line 6 Spider amp purchases now include access to the new Spider Online community, with hundreds of guitar lessons, jam tracks, Spider amp tones and more.
Love Line 6? and need a guitar amp?. Line 6 recently launched the new Line 6 Amplifi at NAMM 2014. Check it out right here.
Spider Valve MkII HD100 offers more amp models, effects and sophisticated features than its celebrated predecessor, the original Spider Valve HD100 combo (the #1-selling tube head in America**), but its all-tube design and boutique-style integrity keep it firmly rooted in the Spider Valve family.
Acclaimed Amp Tones
Spider Valve MkII HD100 has the tools and tones you need to build your sound from the ground up. It features 16 of the most advanced Line 6 amp models, which were inspired by the most revered American, British and European heads and combos. Each one was custom-tuned for Spider Valve MkII amps.
Get in front of sparkling clean tones inspired by* a Hiwatt® Custom 100, syrupy smooth drive tones inspired by* a mix of a ’65 Marshall® JTM-45, a ’58 Fender® Bassman® and a ’63 Fender® Vibroverb, British pop/rock tones inspired by* a Vox® AC-30 Top Boost, high-gain onslaughts inspired by* a Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier® and a Diezel® Herbert, Class A crunch inspired by* a Divided by 13 9/15, classic Class A breakup inspired by* an Orange® AD-30, and more! Store every gig’s tones with 128 user-programmable presets.
Need to shape your tone? Tweak the Bass, Mid and Treble knobs just like you would on the original vintage amps. When you choose an amp model, the EQ section behaves just like the EQ section of the modeled amplifier. Spider Valve MkII HD100 gives you a complete, organic and fully authentic representation of its 16 vintage and modern amplifiers.
- 16 of the most advanced Line 6 amp models inspired by beloved American, British and European combos and heads
- Mid-range tones that live on the very edge of breakup, sparkling cleans, high-gain distortions and more
- EQ section inspired by the EQ controls of the original modeled amplifiers
- 128 user-programmable presets
An Instant Collection of Essential FX
Start smart and dive deep with the unprecedented control of Line 6 Smart FX. 20 brilliant effects deliver unprecedented color, adjustability and routing options. You can tweak up to 6 parameters of any effect — including the intelligent Smart Harmony and Pitch Glide, and easy-to-use 14-second Quick Loop — and route it pre or post for an extraordinary collection of tone-shaping tools. Plus, you get every guitarist’s required palette of colors including beautiful Delays, tangy Mods, lush Reverbs and more. Up to 4 effects can be used simultaneously.
- 20 Smart FX including Smart Harmony, Pitch Glide, Quick Loop & more
- Tweak up to 6 parameters of any effect and route it pre or post
- Up to 4 effects at once
Fully Editable, Deeply Sophisticated
Spider Valve MkII HD100 is poised to become the workhorse amp for all kinds of pro players. Its seamless integration into MIDI rigs allows for quick changes to all front-panel controls, easy synching of your time-based effects (to themselves and to your drummer’s click-track) as well as other time- and energy-saving features.
Plus, two output modes deliver easy and effective solutions for direct-recording and gigging. Performance Mode lets you send a signal, which provides tube and modeling interaction, via the XLR out to the front-of-house engineer. Studio Mode bypasses the tubes to send the platinum-album Line 6 modeling only.
- Seamless MIDI integration
- Performance Mode provides a direct signal that captures interaction between tubes and modeling
- Studio Mode provides a direct signal that captures the modeling only
Brawny Tube Tone
Many so-called tube amps employ low-voltage “marketing” tubes to add authenticity to their “tube amp” claim. Spider Valve MkII HD100 boasts bona fide Bogner-designed 12AX7 preamp and 6L6 power amp sections that run at lethal voltages (about 300 volts and 450 volts, respectively) to produce exceptional depth, tonal coloration and richness.
- Bogner-designed preamp and power amp sections
- Two 12AX7 preamp tubes; four of 6L6 power tubes
Spider Valve MkII HD100 pairs perfectly with optional 412VS closed-back cabinets. The slanted or straight cabs are stocked with four 12-inch Celestion® Vintatge 30 speakers to produce superior tone of the highest definition. Use them in mono or stereo, as a half-stack, or in any combination up to a perfectly ear-splitting set of eight.
- Optional 412VS closed-back cabinets produce superior tone of the highest definition
- Four 12-inch Celestion® Vintatge 30 speakers
Hands-free Control & More
Line 6 FBV™ foot controllers deliver out-of-the-box volume/wah, pitch control, preset control and more. FBV Shortboard™ MkII pairs perfectly with Spider Valve MkII HD100 to offer complete, hands-free control of the on-board Spider Valve MkII effects including Quick Loop, Smart Harmony and more. The bright and backlit oversized LCD makes it easy to see preset names and the chromatic tuner.
- Out-of-the-box connectivity
- Control Spider Valve MkII effects including Quick Loop, Smart Harmony and more
- Oversized LCD is easy to read
- The best of both worlds: brawny, boutique-style tube tone and the most advanced Line 6 amp modeling with complete flexibility and deep editing; 100 watts; two 12AX7 preamp tubes; four 6L6 power tubes
- 16 evolved amp models inspired by beloved American, British and European amps; the cleanest cleans, searing high-gain distortions, hard-to-find mid-range tones that teeter on the edge of breakup & more; 128 user-programmable presets; 4 channels
- 20 Smart FX including Smart Harmony, Pitch Glide, Auto-Wah, 14-second Quick Loop, beautiful Delays, tangy Mods, lush Reverbs & more; up to 4 effects at once; tweak up to six parameters of any effect; route effects pre or post
- Seamless MIDI integration; two output modes: Performance Mode provides a direct signal that captures the interaction of tubes and modeling, Studio Mode provides a direct signal that captures modeling only
- Bass, Mid and Treble knob response inspired by the EQ controls of each modeled amp; Drive knob; Presence knob; Channel volume; Master volume
- Tuned three-quarter closed-back cabinet results in a tight low-end punch for exceptional feel
- Line 6 FBV foot controllers provide everything from Wah-Wah, Volume and Pitch Glide control to Tap Tempo, a chromatic Tuner display and simple channel switching
- 1/4-inch guitar input; XLR out; RJ-45 FBV foot controller input; MIDI in/out; 1/4-inch pre amp input; 1/4-inch power amp output; XLR output; 1/4-inch speaker outputs
- Built-in chromatic Tuner; manual mode
- Spider Valve Mk II amplifiers are firmware upgradeable via FBV™ MkII foot controllers; pair with 412VS closed-back 4x12 cabinets for superior tone of the highest definition