Stiletto® marks Mesa’s dedication to the legendary power behind heavy rock’s British ancestry. Razor sharp and finely honed, the Stiletto is mean enough to slice right through any mix with a trademark new sound.
Rock's High Gain Alternative - Elevating EL-34 Tone from Classic to a Menacing New Realm!
Stiletto® marks Mesa’s dedication to the legendary power behind heavy rock’s British ancestry. Razor sharp and finely honed, the Stiletto is mean enough to slice right through any mix with a trademark new sound. From sparkling cleans to classic Brit crunch to a menacing new realm of high gain, our goal was to re-define the EL-34 sound and elevate it beyond the limits of previous boundaries. Just like the Rectos did to 6L6s!
Tighter, higher Bass. Lower, fatter Mids and a hazy harmonic top where luscious overtones line up in a shimmering crystalline spread. This mid-focused footprint compliments a Recto® perfectly in an aggressive two-guitar band, allowing each player to carve out a distinctive region…and own it.
Two ruthless pre-amp channels create a mighty 6 mode platform while keeping that chrome panel gleaming and simple.
Channel One fashions two Clean modes, one FAT and expansive, one TITE and urgent – or can be switched to CRUNCH, which roams from a ’34-style Brit Blues clip through classic UK Hard Rock.
Channel Two starts here, cloning the mid-gain presence of CRUNCH, and moves into a hellacious new frontier of modern grind with the barbed attack of TITE-GAIN or the super-layered, harmonic loaded bomb in FLUID-DRIVE. Only another MESA should consider sharing a stage next to the sinister fury of the Stiletto’s high gain thrust.
The Stiletto® also incorporates our patented Bold-Spongy power feature that works like a built-in Variac for an even browner vibe. Our Solo feature (Pat. pend. 6,724,897) allows you to step out with a footswitchable volume boost when it’s your turn in the spotlight to wield this menacing tone.
External Switching Ports, Slave Out with Level control and an all-tube, series FX Loop (including a hard-bypass), round out the rear panel features.
So if your musical world relies on the classic El-34 Brit sounds we all love, but you need to greatly expand the range of performance while retaining the essence of character, check out the new STAGE II Stiletto®. You won’t believe where 34’s can take you now.
- Handbuilt in the USA
- Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 2 or all 6 EL-34 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/150 Watt Power Switches / 6xEL-34, 5x12AX7, 3x5U4
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Modes (Channel 1 = Fat Clean, Tite Clean or Crunch (Cloning Channel 2), Channel 2 = Crunch, Tite Gain or Fluid Drive)
- Channel Assignable Dual Rectification Switch (Diode or Tube Tracking – Patent pending)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence & Master Controls per Channel
- Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out with Level Contro
- Fan Cooled
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2 & Solo
- Chrome Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover