The OT-12 is the newest model in Korg's lineup of tuners whose precision and functionality has made them the choice of musicians around the world. The OT-12 features a dual display with both a VU-style meter for accurate pitch indication and an LCD screen for excellent visibility. Even with its advanced functionality, operation is simple, with intuitively understandable switches and dial. It provides a wide range of pitches and a variety of tuning methods, including a Sound Back mode that lets you check the pitch both by eye and ear. Housed in a compact package, the OT-12 orchestral tuner provides all the functionality you need for everything from transposing instruments to historical temperaments.
Featuring a dual display with a VU-style meter for accurate pitch indication plus an LCD screen
The dual display of the OT-12 provides a VU-style meter to guarantee high-precision tuning as well as an LCD screen that shows not just the correct pitch, but also the sound output level, calibration, key or temperament, and much more at a glance. Its broad range (A0-C8) provides instant coverage for all notes and ranges of wind, string, and keyboard instruments. The response of the needle to an input sound can be adjusted over three levels, from quick response for rapid tuning to slow response for careful tuning. Calibration can be adjusted over an exceptionally wide range to support any concert pitch.
You can choose from two tuning modes: Auto mode in which the pitch of a single note played on your instrument is detected automatically, or Manual mode in which the desired pitch can be specified in detail. A reference tone can be sounded, allowing two or more musicians to tune simultaneously. The sound output level can be adjusted in two levels, covering situations ranging from small studios to halls. In addition, Sound Back mode detects the pitch that is input via the optional contact mic to the input jack, and sounds the closest reference pitch from the built-in speaker. Since the meter also operates, you can verify the pitch by both eye and ear, which allows you to hone your sense of pitch and to tune more accurately. The built-in mic is ideal for pitch measurement of any acoustic instrument.
As a convenience for transposing instruments, twelve keys including both sharps and flats are supported. The Multi Temperament function provides eight frequently-used historical temperaments, making the OT-12 the ideal choice for use with specific classical and other tunings.
Korg OT120 Orchestral Tuner Key Features:
- Chromatic tuner designed for classical instruments
- Dual display with VU-style meter and LCD screen for ideal visibility
- Needle response speed is adjustable over three stages
- Sound Back mode produces a reference tone closest to the pitch picked up by the optional contact mic, and shows the difference between the input pitch and reference pitch
- Multi-temperament function supports historical temperaments
- Transpose mode convenient for wind instruments
- Two types of selectable tuning modes: Auto and Manual
- Reference pitches can be output as sound
- Broad range of calibration (349 Hz - 499 Hz)
- Built-in mic
- Designed for low power use and extended battery life (normally 100 hours or better with alkaline battery)
Korg OT120 Orchestral Tuner Specifications:
- 12 equal tempered, Pythagorean, Mean tone E flat/D sharp, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Vallotti, Young
- C,C sharp,D,E flat,E,F,F sharp,G,G sharp,A,B flat,B
- C2(65.41Hz)- C7(2093Hz)five octaves, Two volume levels
- Manual,Auto(SLOW,MEDIUM,FAST), Sound, Sound Back
- A4=349-499Hz(1Hz steps), Detection accuracy:+/-1 cent
- C2(65.4Hz)-B5(987.8Hz)+/-0.72 cents or better, C6(1047Hz)-C7(2093Hz)+/-1.45 cents or better
Pitch Guide Range:
- AUTO (SLOW,MEDIUM,FAST), SOUND BACK Modes, -50 cents - -3 cents flat, -3 cents - +3 cents sharp/flat, +3 cents - +50cents sharp
- -500 cents - -3cents flat, -3 cents - +3 cents sharp/flat, +3 cents - +500 cents sharp
- INPUT(1/4" mono), OUTPUT(1/4" mono), DC IN
- AA batteries x 2(3V)[Included], or AC adapter [Sold separately]
- Approximately 100 hours(alkaline batteries, Meter mode, continuous input at A4)
- 5-1/2" x 2-3/8" x 1-9/16" (W x H x D), 140.5mm x 60.0mm x 39.5 mm (W x H x D)
- 6.8 oz 194g (with batteries)