The Gibson 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss Bourbon Burst has some great features such as CustomBucker pickups that deliver vintage PAF tone. It's an stunning guitar with a vintage vibe and remarkable tone and feel.
the Gibson 1959 Les Paul is the most iconic guitar in rock and out of the many reissues Gibson has made, this Gloss Bourbon Burst Les Paul is one of the most accurate - and stunning! With authentic PAF tone and other high-end features, this guitar plays like a dream and is one of the best Les paul models you'll ever find, short of an authentic '59 model!
Gibson's latest Custom Shop VOS guitars include new appointments to add even more authenticity and vintage vibe to their guitars. Necks are now attached using hide glue, which many argue sounds better than synthetic glue. Gibson Custom Shop also re-engineered the truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor to their original form.
They also eliminated the tubing that surrounded the truss rod. New Kluson Green Key Tuners now feature proper vintage profile, color, and performance specifications. These features and others make the Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss one of the most accurate reproductions ever.
To revive the very essence of the original '59 Les Paul guitar, Gibson Custom spared no expense, painstakingly re-creating each part of the 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss piece by piece. The original non-weight-relieved mahogany body, hand-carved and bookmatched maple top, and holly-head veneer headstock are only the beginning. The accuracy of the details go all the way down to the straight-line positioning of the 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss's Kluson Green Key tuners, the size and shape of the acrylic trapezoid block inlays, and the '50s-style long neck tenon joint. If you hold the Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss up to the original, you'd be more than hard pressed to tell them apart.
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to the 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss's electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and bumble bee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path is designed to give you absolutely dead-on '59 Les Paul tone. Of course, it's next to impossible to find genuine '50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, the Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Reissue Gloss sports a pair of Gibson's CustomBucker humbuckers. The CustomBucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. You just won't find another Les Paul that comes as close to the original look, sound, and feel of a '59 Les Paul!
- The most accurate re-creation of the original 1959 Les Paul to date
- Every detail meticulously re-created to give you the look, sound, and feel of a vintage '59 model
- Vintage non-weight-relieved mahogany body with hand-carved, bookmatched maple top
- 1959 rounded neck attached with '50s-style long neck tenon
- Fine details include vintage-style tulip tuners in a straight line, holly-head veneer headstock, and original acrylic trapezoid block inlays
- Hide-glued mahogany neck, with extended neck tenon for exceptional sustain and response
- Vintage CTS potentiometers and bumble bee capacitors coupled with CustomBucker pickups for dead-on vintage PAF tone
- Period-correct Aniline dye body and neck
- Hardshell case included