Gibson Les Paul Traditional Electric Guitar - Light Burst
The latest in an unbroken line of tone kings, the 2013 model Les Paul learns from the past while bringing sound & features from the future. High grade tone woods ring and sustain beautifully, powering rich '57 Classic humbuckers and with Orange Drop caps you know every ounce of sweet tone is being delivered.
The New Les Paul Traditional is built on a foundation of the same traditional tonewood combination that helped to make the Les Paul Standard legendary when it first arrived six decades ago. A carved solid Grade-AA figured maple top lends bite and articulation to the sound while looking great in the process, and a solid, mahogany back without weight relief contributes superb warmth and depth. A quarter-sawn, Grade-A mahogany neck is glued in and carved in a comfortably rounded late-’50s profile that measures .900” at the 1st fret and 1.00” at the 12th, and topped with a bound Grade-A rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets and traditional trapezoid inlays. Traditional touches include cream body and fingerboard binding, pickguard, and pickup rings, along with gold Speed Knobs with dial pointers. Classic Gibson construction ensures optimum playability, too, along with traditional specs like a 24 ¾” scale length, a 1 11/16” width across the PLEK-cut Corian™ nut, and a 12-inch fingerboard radius for smooth, easy bending.
'57 Classic Pickups
Pure vintage-voiced tone with a contemporary edge is assured by a pair of Gibson’s ’57 Classic™ pickups with traditional chromed covers. Both are made in the image of the hallowed PAF humbucker of the late 1950s with Alnico II magnets, a traditional wind in the neck position for plenty of warmth and clarity, and slightly over-wound coils in the ’57 Classic Plus™ in the bridge position for juicy crunch and wailing lead tones. Both pickups are wax potted, too, to avoid microphonic squeal at high volume levels, and routed through Orange Drop tone capacitors to their individual tone controls for a smooth, rich high-end roll off. The innovative pairing of a Tune-o-Matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece ensures solid sustain and precise intonation, while a set of high-quality TonePros™ vintage-style ensures smooth, accurate tuning.
- Features Gibson's rounded '50s-Style neck profile
- Available in 5 classic 'burst and translucent finishes
- Gibson’s renowned '57 Classic pickups supply vintage PAF humbucker crunch
- Solid Mahogany body without weight relief contributes superb warmth and depth
- TonePros™ vintage-style tuners offer world-class performance, classic look
- Each guitar includes a Gibson hardshell case covered in black snakeskin-textured vinyl, an owner’s manual, and truss-rod wrench, and comes covered by Gibson USA’s Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service.
- Solid mahogany body
- 'AA' figured maple top
- Chrome Tune-o-Matic bridge and tailpiece
- 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone controls
- 3-way pickup selector switch
- Tone Pros Vintage-style tuners