It is with great pleasure that Gretsch is releasing the G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon guitar, which has immediately become one of the most unique and bewitching White Falcon guitars ever made.
Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon
Coming screaming out of the 80's post punk scene The Cult are true legends of rock. Featuring on every one of their albums is Billy Duffy and his Gretsch White Falcon with thick power chords steeped in rich chorused delay, melodic Morricone-inspired lead phrases and filthy feedback-laden solos creating an unparalleled sound larger than most venues could contain.
Featuring much of what Falcon fans hold dear, Duffy's inimitable guitar has several unique aesthetic differences that separate it from the rest of the "Falcon" flock, namely its period-correct '70s Baldwin-era styling, pure White gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, V-shaped Falcon headstock, Silver Sparkle binding, custom wound hot “Black Top” Filter'Tron pickups with three-point adjustable '70s-style metal bezels and Duffy's preferred Bigsby tailpiece.
In addition, Duffy's signature bird of prey features a 17" wide, 2 ¾" deep single cut-away three-ply maple body with a three-ply maple arched top and back and two spruce parallel tone bars and sound post, a three-piece maple/walnut/maple neck with ebony fingerboard, a chrome-plated truss rod cover with Duffy's signature emblazoned on it, a chrome-plated output jack plate, pearloid wide-block fretboard inlays, '70s-style aluminum "G" arrow knobs and a premium gray speckled "Billy Duffy" case. The Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon guitar, the tool inspired, designed and built to deliver the ultimate statement of rock 'n' roll nirvana.
- Body Back: Arched Maple
- Body Sides: Maple
- Body Top: Arched Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Bracing: Parallel Spruce Tone Bars with Sound Post
- Number of Frets: 22 (Plus Zero Fret)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Bridge Pickup: CUSTOM WOUND "Black Top" Filter'Tron™ with Hex Socket Cap Screw Pole Pieces and 3-Point Adjustable '70s Style Metal Bezels
- Neck Pickup: CUSTOM WOUND "Black Top" Filter'Tron™ with Fillister Head Machine Screw Pole Pieces and 3-Point Adjustable '70s Style Metal Bezels
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with PINNED '70s Style Ebony Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ with Butter-Bean Buttons
- String Nut: Bone
- Auxiliary Switching: 3-Position Master Tone Switch: Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off. Position 2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open. Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off