The Gibson Les Paul Studio '70s Tribute takes the legendary design of the Les Paul guitar, and adds some appointments found on its 1970s Les Paul models - the most obvious being the inclusion of mini humbucking pickups.
The Les Paul Studio '70s Tribute features a Traditional Weight Relieved mahogany body with a maple top, which is the classic wood combination that has shaped the Les Paul's world-renowned signature sound.
The neck is maple and in a unique '70s 'thin-to-thick' profile with a volute. It attaches to the body at a 5 degree angle, and is topped with a baked maple fingerboard, decorated with figured acrylic trapezoid inlays. The inclusion of a baked maple neck, rather than the more regularly used rosewood, provides a brighter tone, complimenting the mahogany and maple wood body superbly.
The Gibson Les Paul Studio '70s Tribute is equipped with a pair of Gibson Mini Humbuckers as used in the Les Paul Deluxe models in the 1970s, but with a brand new design that uses dual steel blades and an Alnico magnet for a classic 1970s Gibson tone.
There are still the usual volume and tone controls and a 3-way pickup selector, but the Les Paul Studio 70s Tribute is beautifully simple. A small, cream pickguard sits well with the gold top hats knobs and chrome hardware.
- 1970s Influenced Les Paul Studio Model
- Mahogany Body With Traditional Weight Relief
- Maple Top
- Maple Neck In A Unique '70s Thin-To-Thick Profile With Volute
- Baked Maple Fingerboard With 22 Frets
- 2 x Dual Blade Alnico Mini Humbucker Pickups With Alnico II Deluxe Magnets
- 2 x Volume Controls, 2 x Tone Controls, 3-Way Pickup Selector Switch
- TonePros Vintage Style Tuners
- Chrome Tune-O-Matic Bridge With Chrome Stopbar Tailpiece
- Cream Pickguard And Pickup Rings
- Corian Nut With Gibson PLEK System Slots
- Satin Vintage Sunburst Finish
- Includes Gibson Gigbag