This very cool, limited-edition electric guitar is the latest Johnny Marr signature model from Fender, now available in black! Great opportunity for fans of The Smiths, Marr, the Jaguar models or offset guitars in general to grab a very unique and beautiful instrument! But you must hurry... while stock lasts!
Johnny Marr has been playing a Fender Jaguar since his days in The Smiths, and still uses one live to this day - so it's no wonder that Fender & Marr chose this model to become his first ever signature guitar, which is now available in limited-edition black!
is best known as the strikingly dynamic guitarist-arranger-songwriter behind the Smiths, who redefined and ruled U.K. pop in the 1980s. A master of melody, layering and texture, Marr has brought his own instantly identifiable genius to the proceedings ever since, in stints with The The, the Pretenders Modest Mouse and the Cribs—to say nothing of his solo career and innumerable guest appearances. The Johnny Marr Jaguar is a fantastically non-standard model that is as distinctive as the sounds he wrings from it.
Offering a wealth of highly specialized features ideal for discerningly unconventional guitarists, this model is based on Marr’s modified 1965 Jaguar. Dual custom-wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr single-coil pickups crank out incisive tone that’s just the thing for slashing through a sonically dense mix. The four-position blade pickup switch includes a series wiring option, for thicker tone with higher output while the dual upper-horn slide switches “brighten” the tone with a low end roll-off either universally, or in position four.
The maple neck sports a custom profile taken from Marr’s original, along with vintage-style truss rod adjustment at the heel while the 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard bears 22 vintage-style frets. Modified to Marr’s specifications, the Jaguar bridge features Mustang® saddles, a chrome cover and nylon posts inserts for improved stability, protecting against shifts that may occur with heavy tremolo use. The vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece includes a “taller” tremolo arm with a nylon sleeve insert, ensuring it stays in whatever position you place it.
This guitar’s hardware and chrome control plates add a touch of space-age charm to the graceful offset design while the redesigned contours and 24” scale length will be comfortable for players of any size. Finished with nitrocellulose lacquer, this guitar will wear naturally, reflecting a player’s personality and playing style. A thoughtful update of a classic Fender design, the Johnny Marr Jaguar is a flexible guitar for unique players.
- Model Name: Johnny Marr Jaguar®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0116400706
- Series: Artist
- Color: Black
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Custom Shape Based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar® Guitar
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom-Wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr
- Neck Pickup: Custom-Wound Bareknuckle® Johnny Marr
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: Jaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: 6-in-Line American Vintage
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Custom Wound Pickups, Artist Signature on front of headstock, Nylon Bridge Post Inserts for improved stability; Nylon Insert in Trem Arm Sleeve to prevent arm swing
- Included Accessories: Strap, cable, set of flatwound strings