The Gibson 1963 ES-335 TDN Figured , Vintage Natural, features updated vintage appointments that are more authentic than ever. A semi-hollowbody that is true to the original, with legendary tone from unpotted MHS humbuckers.
This Gibson 1963 ES-335 TDN is a stunning semi-acoustic guitar that features a figured maple top and is an all-round excellent guitar, with plenty of tonal versatility. Whether you play blues, jazz or rock, this guitar truly covers all bases.
Gibson's latest Custom Shop Reissue guitars include new appointments to add even more authenticity and vintage vibe to their guitars. Necks are now attached using hide glue, which many argue sounds better than synthetic glue.
Gibson Memphis Shop also re-engineered the truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor to their original form. They also eliminated the tubing that surrounded the truss rod. New Kluson Green Key Tuners now feature proper vintage profile, color, and performance specifications. These features and others make the Gibson Memphis Figured 1963 ES-335 TDN one of the most accurate reproductions ever.
The first ES-335s that rolled off the Gibson production line have truly achieved legendary status. The warmth of its semi-hollowbody design and the versatility of its two humbucking pickups - it's a magical recipe that made the original ES-335s sought-after guitars among collectors who are often happy to pay astronomical prices for instruments in good condition. Odds of even finding a "block" '335 from the 1960s today are almost zero. The next best thing is to get your hands on this Gibson Memphis Figured 1963 ES-335 TDN. It has the looks, the sound, and the star power of the real deal.
Tonal excellence is yours when you plug the Gibson Memphis Figured 1963 ES-335 TDN into your favorite tube amplifier. Since it's loaded with a pair of unpotted humbucking pickups, each with its own volume and tone controls, you'll be able to dial in chiming country tones as easily as savagely distorted rock tones. The neck pickup gives you classic hollowbody-style tones for everything from smooth jazz to dirty blues. Flip to the bridge position, and you'll command sounds covering everything from bright and clean to raw and mean. The guitar gurus here at Sweetwater all concur: playing this guitar is a sublime experience. We're sure you'll agree!
- Captures the legendary sound of Gibson's 1963 ES-335
- Semi-hollowbody design for enhanced harmonic richness
- 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back
- Historic truss rod for better neck adjustability
- Adirondack spruce bracing takes you closer to vintage tonality
- Hide-glued mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard
- Comfortable lightweight body with historically correct slim horns at the cutaway
- Period-correct window center block shape and neck profile
- Unpotted MHS humbuckers (Alnico III neck, Alnico II bridge)
- 550k audio taper close-tolerance matched-set pots with historic wiring and Bumblebee caps
- Double-ring tulip button Kluson tuners, ABR bridge, and lightweight stopbar
- Includes Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity
- Handcrafted in Memphis, Tennessee
- Grab your slice of history: the Gibson Memphis Figured 1963 ES-335 TDN!
- Body Type Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape ES-335
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Number of Strings 6
- Body Material 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top Material Figured Maple
- Body Finish Nitrocellulose lacquer with VOS process
- Color Vintage Natural
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material Dark Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay Pearloid Block inlays
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Width 1.700"
- Bridge/Tailpiece ABR bridge with nylon saddles, VOS nickel stopbar tailpiece
- Tuners Kluson double ring tulip button tuners
- Number of Pickups 2
- Neck Pickup MHS Nickel covered Alnico III humbucker
- Bridge Pickup MHS Nickel covered Alnico II humbucker
- Controls 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch, gold top hat knobs
- Case Included Hardshell case