The Gibson 1959 ES-330 TD (Limited-Edition Pelham Blue) is the original ES hollowbody rocker, pretty much a more upmarket version of the popular Epiphone Casino. Hollowbody plus two P-90s equals tonal freedom... you'll love it! Amazingly smooth playability, with Plek precision, and built to '50s-correct specs.
This is a 1959-style ES-330, which could be described as a hollowbody version of the ES-335, but with P-90 pickups. Great for blues, jazz or rock'n'roll, this is a very versatile guitar that looks incredible, in its limited-edition Pelham Blue finish.
Gibson Memphis wanted to re-create the experience of playing a classic Gibson ES from the '50s, and built the 1959 ES-330 TD to exacting vintage specs.
The single-chamber body has a 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back, and creates a lively and vibrant sound with incredible sustain. the mahogany neck has a maple spline, enhancing the strength and preventing twisting or warping. And the P-90 pickups sport black plastic covers, standard on early ES models before switching to nickel covers.
Both acoustically and plugged in, the Gibson Memphis 1959 ES-330 TD absolutely sings. The fully-hollowbody allows harmonics and overtones to develop beautifully, and the sweet tone is only enhanced by the impressive sustain. Dual P-90 single-coil pickups, each with their own volume and tone controls, allow you to explore a very wide tonal range. This 1959 ES-330 TD packs underwound pickups for a vintage sound that can cover everything from jazz and R&B to country rock and blues.
Countless guitarists over the decades have loved their 1959 ES-330 TD for its "just right" feel and response. The thinline body style is comfortable to wear and play while still giving you true hollowbody sweetness and depth. Rounded fingerboard binding further enhances the feel of the well-balanced mahogany neck.
And Gibson Memphis' Plek Pro fret-optimization process ensures precision intonation and incredibly smooth action, for the feel of an instrument that's been broken in and well maintained since the late '50s. Play it fast or strum it slow, play it unplugged or crank up your tube amp - the 1959 ES-330 TD will respond beautifully no matter how you play it.
- Recreation of the classic late '50s ES-330 hollowbody electric guitar, built to '50s-correct specs
- Outstanding hollowbody tone from the 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back
- Mahogany neck, with a maple spline - accurate to vintage specs, and enhances the neck's strength an resistance to twisting or warping
- Underwound P-90s have a wonderfully vintage tone with exceptional sonic versatility
- Hand-selected dark rosewood fingerboard plays very smoothly, thanks to the rounded cream binding
- Plek Pro fret treatment ensures ultra-precise setup, intonation, and action
- Hard case included