This Gibson Custom Shop True Historic 1959 Les Paul (in Vintage Dark Burst) offers unprecedented accuracy in vintage looks, feel, and tone. True Historic Specs Create a Stunningly Authentic 1959 Les Paul Reissue.
Just imagine you walked into a guitar shop, back in 1959, and bought a brand new Gibson Les Paul. This reissue (in stunning Vintage Dark Burst) is IT! A perfect replica of one of the most desirable and iconic guitars ever - this is a les paul worthy of guitar gods such as Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Peter Green and many others... and now, you too can own one!
The most desirable Les Paul ever captured with unprecedented accuracy for the 2015 True Historic Series, with wet-sanded nitro finish, double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, rolled binding and more.
With the True Historic range, Gibson Custom commits to a fanatic level of detail accuracy to bring you as close as possible to owning an original 1959 Gibson Les Paul.
A double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1959 Les Pauls offered. Add a pair of superbly accurate Custom Bucker pickups, re-created from precise study and measurement of original PAFs, and that legendary Burst tone is all there. You simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing.
New 2015 Features:
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability