Gibson True Historic 1958 Les Paul Vintage Dark Burst. New 2015 True Historic Specs Achieve Unprecedented Vintage Looks, Feel and Tone. With the True Historic range, Gibson Custom commits to a fanatic level of detail accuracy to bring you as close as possible to owning an original 1958 Gibson Les Paul
The full '58 playing feel and screaming PAF tone are perfectly rendered by our fanatical new True Historic specs, with hand-rolled fingerboard binding, hide glue construction, and dead-on appointments.
Based on lab analysis of original Gibson plastics from the 1950's, the plastics on the True Historics including the Toggle Washer, Cream Jackplate, Cream Pickguard, Pickup Mounting Rings and Toggleswitch Cap, have been reformulated and re-engineered to the original specifications of their vintage counterparts.
True Historic Pickup Covers, Engineered and manufactured to capture every angle and nuance of original vintage pickup covers.
Double-Carved Top. To recapture the top carve profile of original Vintage Gibson Les Pauls, all True Historic Les Pauls are double carved by CNC, with the final shape of their dish carve achieved through a hand-sanding process.
A double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1958 Les Pauls offered.
Add a pair of superbly accurate Custom Bucker pickups, re-created from precise study and measurement of original PAFs, and sounds as amazing as it looks and feels. You simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing.
- Double-Carved Neck: The necks on all True Historic guitars are double-carved and then hand sanded to achieve that legendary vintage Gibson neck profile; the "beefy", solid feel of a beautifully hand-crafted Les Paul that rests in the player's hand like no other guitar.
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Hand-sanded peghead, neck and body edges beautifully capture the look and feel of a true vintage Les Paul.
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: While you can't see it on a finished Les Paul, original 50's guitars from Gibson had a thinner peghead veneer. In 2015, all True Historic guitars feature this thoughtful detail in their mission to be as close to an original as possible.
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: All True Historic guitars from Gibson Custom are sprayed with thinner finishes, as were the original 1950's guitars, and are now had wet-sanded for beauty and authenticity.
- Hide Glue Top Construction: Along with all hide glue neck construction, Gibson Custom extends the use of hide glue to join the back and top of every True Historic guitar, just as it was done in the 1950's.
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: One of the most magical aspects of an original 50's Les Paul is its smooth, natural feel. We hand-file the fingerboard binding on every True Historic Les Paul to capture that feel precisely.
New in 2015
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability