The Gibson EDS-1275 is the legendary double neck electric guitar used by rock icons such as Pete Townshend, Alex Lifeson, and, most famously of all, Jimmy Page on live versions of Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven. Now it's your chance to own a piece of history, with this fantastic, limited reissue now for sale at Dolphin Music.
The Gibson EDS-1275 Double Neck guitar isn't simply a symbol of rock'n'roll excess, but a truly versatile guitar that gives you a wide range of sounds - by mixing 6-string and 12-string guitars in one single instrument! That's a whole lot of tonal variety for you.
The upper neck on the EDS-1275 offers you true 12-string performance. All the jangle and tone heard on so many recordings are yours for the taking. The lower neck is your standard Gibson 6-string, straight forward and great sounding. And both necks can be activated at the same time to get spaced-out sounds with sympathetic vibrations, or any other way you can think to play it.
Legendary tones from a legendary design
The tones of such timeless songs as "Stairway to Heaven," "Xanadu," "Hotel California," and "Mama I'm Coming Home" have all been performed or recorded with this iconic double neck. Players from Page to Wylde have wielded this instrument, bringing its recognizable sound to the airwaves and arenas around the world for decades. Now's your chance to own a Gibson Custom-built model of your very own.
Classic Gibson solidbody construction
Even with its ground-breaking design, the Gibson Custom EDS-1275 double neck guitar is still very much a tried-and-true Gibson. From its mahogany body and rosewood fretboards to its humbucking pickups and four control-knob layout, you'll get that familiar warm sustain you expect from such a guitar. The Gibson 490 and 498 pickups deliver the PAF tone of vintage Gibsons, but with a bit more output and emphasis in the upper midrange. And features such as maple necks and 20-fret fretboards ensure you're getting a historically accurate guitar from Gibson.
- Double-neck electric guitar with 12 and 6 strings
- 12-string neck offers jangle and a wide frequency range
- 6-string neck plays like your favorite SG
- Alnico Gibson pickups offer a familiar tone
- Mahogany necks for sustain and strength
- 20-fret fretboards are historically accurate
- Hardshell case included
- Body Type Solidbody
- Body Shape SG Double Neck
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Number of Strings 1 x 6, 1 x 12
- Body Material Mahogany
- Color Heritage Cherry
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape Slim Taper Profile
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay Pearloid Split Parallelograms
- Number of Frets 20
- Bridge/Tailpiece Nashville Tune-o-matic Bridges
- Tuners Vintage Tulip tuners
- Number of Pickups 4
- Neck Pickup 490R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup 498T Humbucker
- Controls 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 2 x 3-way pickup selector toggle switch
- Case Included Hardshell
- Manufacturer Part Number DSEDHCNH1