Gibson CS8 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS in Faded Tobacco Burst! Great '58 Les Paul Tone, Looks and Feel! Features Mahogany neck with early 1950s profile and rosewood fingerboard and Custom Bucker pickups that deliver vintage PAF tone!
Delivering the full vibe and feel of the first Sunburst Les Paul, with '50s spec neck, Historic truss rod, Alnico III Custom Buckers, and six lusciously faded finishes.
The 2015 CS8 '50s Style Les Paul Standard VOS from Gibson Custom represents the origin of the most desirable electric guitar in the history of rock, rendered with all the essential features and every ounce of the tone that made the originals famous. Crafted with the previous generation of Gibson Custom Historic Specifications for vintage-certified looks, tone and feel, this guitar uses select tonewoods, an accurate '58 neck profile, two outstanding Alnico III Custom Bucker pickups, and a range of six luscious lacquer VOS finishes to represent the beautifully faded states of original late-'50s Sunbursts, delivering the best of a priceless Les Paul in a guitar you can enjoy today.
Gibson Custom's guitars are brimming with spot-on authenticity and massive vintage vibe. When you want a guitar that has all the classic tone and vibe of an original, then you'll truly appreciate the Gibson Custom CS8 50's Style Les Paul Standard VOS electric guitar. The neck and fretboard are attached using hide glue, which many argue sounds better than synthetic glue. Gibson Custom Shop also uses an original spec truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor. Kluson Green Key Tuners feature proper vintage profile, color, and performance specifications. Take it from the guitar experts at Sweetwater - these features and others make the Gibson Custom CS8 50's Style Les Paul Standard VOS one of the most accurate reproductions ever.
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to the CS8 50's Style Les Paul Standard VOS's electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and bumble bee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path is designed to give you absolutely dead-on '58 Les Paul tone. Of course, it's next to impossible to find genuine '50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, the Custom CS8 50's Style Les Paul Standard VOS sports a pair of Gibson's Custom Bucker humbuckers. The Custom Bucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. You just won't find another Les Paul that comes as close to the original look, sound, and feel of a '58 Les Paul!
When early Les Pauls are discussed (and they are at great length), a big issue is always the neck profile. The earliest Les Pauls had big, fat necks made of mahogany. The neck was slimmed down a bit in 1959, and it finally evolved into what's known today as the SlimTaper neck in 1960. Some players love those huge old necks while others prefer the SlimTaper design.
This CS8 50's Style Les Paul Standard VOS has a bound mahogany neck with long neck tenon and the original chunky '50s rounded neck profile, which is historically accurate. Take it from the guitar experts at Sweetwater - the long neck tenon and larger neck profile deliver increased tone and sustain compared to other guitars. The rosewood fingerboard has acrylic trapezoid inlays that are both accurate in shape and color. Nickel-plated hardware and vintage tulip tuners complete the package.
- Bumble capacitors, historic spec wiring and vintage reissue components throughout assure 50's inspired tone.
- Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece
- Made to original 50's specifications for lighter weight and vintage tone and sustain.
- Custombucker Pickups
- Custom wound to capture authentic chime, pluck and growl of a true Gibson Les Paul.
- Nitro-Cellulose Finish
- Hand-applied, non-plasticized lacquer is made to live and breath with the player and develop a personality as unique as its owner.
- One Piece Solid Mahogany Body
- Each body is hand selected for lightweight and quality by Gibson Custom.
- Solid Indian Rosewood Fretboard
- Single layer, solid rosewood insures an ideal playing surface for 50's inspired playability.
New in 2015
- VOS Appointments: Vintage Tone, Looks, and Feel Throughout
- Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece: Lighter Weight, Vintage Tone
- Custombucker Pickups: 50's Style Tone
- Nitro-Cellulose Finish: Made to Age Gracefully
- One Piece Solid Mahogany Body: Premium Quality and Weight
- Solid Indian Rosewood Fretboard: Finest Quality and Performance