Fender American Vintage 52 Telecaster - Butterscotch Blonde - Maple videoslog in to add additional videos related to this product. You can also register an account to add a related video.
Fender American Vintage 52 Telecaster - Butterscotch Blonde - Maple Reviews
First things first - Guy in video is actually playing a Hot Rod and not a 52 reissue. You can tell the difference between the neck pick-ups. Hot Rod has seymour duncan neck pick-up and 52 has fender vintage.
I bought the 52 in Jan 2012 and have mixed feelings about the guitar.
First impressions are that the maple used for the neck is probably the highest quality neck I've seen. Very very nice. However, the spec are vintage and a 7 1/4inch radius on the neck does make bending string that little bit more difficult. Recommend setting strings with a radius gauge.
The body of the telecaster is finished off a little too thickly for my taste. Could do with seeing a little bit more of the woodgrain from the ash coming through.
Tone is excellent for rhythm playing and very distinctive for lead. Think of solo in 'Sympathy for the Devil' for that needly sound you can achieve.
The fret's are a little on the slim side. This means that some of the grip required on the strings is compromised if you really want to dig in when soloing.
Fender American Vintage 52 Telecaster - Butterscotch Blonde - Maple News
- » Fender Super Champ Super Amps: New Models for NAMM 2012
- » Join The Fender Community Forum!
- » Fender’s trademark applications denied
- » Leo Fender to be honoured with Grammy award
- » Have a Fender New Year!
- » BBC To Screen Three-Part Series "The Story Of The Guitar"
- » Dolphin Music Liverpool - visit our Fender Area!
- » Fender unveils the new Andy Summers Tribute Telecaster®
- » THE WORLD'S BEST PORTABLE GUITAR AMPS NOW AVAILABLE FROM DOLPHIN!
- » WHO'S YOUR FAVOURITE GUITARIST?
- » NAMM 2007: Yet more from Fender! New Models, New Colours, New Classics!
- » NAMM 2007: Fender Introduces New Guitar Amps
- » NAMM 2007: Squier By Fender Introduces New Guitar/Amp Packs For 2007
- » NAMM 2007: Fender Introduces Vintage Hot Rod Series Guitars
- » NAMM 2007: BOSS Releases fantastic new pedals
- » Fender Colour Chart