The new Southern Rock Tribute 1959 Les Paul entirely captures the look, feel, and tone of the guitar that has been at the center of Southern Rock since its origination in the late 1960s, while proceeds from the sales of this extremely Limited Edition will go to benefit members of the music community in need through Music Health Alliance and The Gibson Foundation.
Capturing all the essentials of the legendary burst, and crafted with the utmost skill by the luthiers of Gibson Custom to a feature set derived through vintage experts and members of the Southern Rock community, the Southern Rock Tribute 1959 Les Paul stands out with its unique “Reverseburst” finish over a beautifully figured maple top, which results in a subtle heart-like pattern toward the center of the guitar.
To further commemorate the occasion, the switch cavity in the guitar’s back will be adorned by a metal “Southern Rock Tribute” cover (spare traditional plastic cover included in the case).
In every other way, the Southern Rock Tribute 1959 Les Paul stands out as a classic vintage burst. From its rounded ’59 neck profile, to its killer PAF-style Custom Bucker pickups, to its traditional plastics and hardware set, this is every ounce a stunning Les Paul, and one you’ll be proud to display, whether as part of a growing collection or out on the big stage.
The first 50 guitars will be hand-aged by the skilled craftspeople of Gibson Custom and signed by our Southern Rock Ambassadors—Dickey Betts, Charlie Daniels, Gary Rossington, Jimmy Hall, and vintage guitar expert Ronny Proler—while the remainder of the run will be non-aged/signed. All include a Gibson Custom hardshell case and trifold Certificate of Authenticity.
- The heart of the wood - Stunning "Reverseburst" finish over figured maple fades to a subtle heart-like centre.
- The Soul - Sweet and juicy custom buckers constructed to the exact specs of vintage PAF humbuckers.
- Genuine '59 Hardware - Nickel-plated Tune-O-Matic bridge and lightweight aluminium stopbar deliver burst-certified sustain.
- One piece Fingerboard - Genuine one-piece rosewood fingerboard with aged cellulose inlays.
- '59 Neck Profile - Full, rounded '59 neck profile for that authentic vintage-burst feel.
- Commemorative Medallion - Commemorative metal "Southern Rock Tribute" Switch-Cavity cover.
- Body Top: Hand Picked Figured Maple
- Body Back: Genuine Mahogany
- Body Binding: Cream Reissue
- Body Adhesive: Franklin Titebond
- Headstock Inlay: Reissue, Holly with Gibson Pearl Inlay
- Headstock Truss Rod Cover: Vintage
- Headstock Angle: 17 Degrees
- Neck Pickup Position: Custom Bucker
- Bridge Pickup Position: Custom Bucker
- Neck Species: Mahogany Neck/Maple Spline
- Neck Truss Rod: Reissue Truss Rod
- Neck Joint Angle: 4° (+/- 15 seconds)
- Tuner Model: Reissue Kluson Deluxe Green Key, Single Band
- Tuning Ratio: 12:01
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Capacitors: Bumble Bee
- Toggle Switch: Three-Way
- Output Jack: Traditional ¼”
- Neck Fit Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Neck Fit Adhesive: Hot Hide Glue
- Neck Fit Joint Angle Tolerance: +/- .00
- Bridge Type: ABR
- Bridge Plating: Nickel
- Body Finish Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard Species: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Binding: .04 Cream Reissue
- Fingerboard Inlays: Aged Nitrocellulose Trapezoid
- Fingerboard Nut/E.O.B: 1.687 / 2.062
- Fingerboard Adhesive: Hot Hide Glue
- Tailpiece Type: Aluminium Stop Bar
- Tailpiece Plating: Nickel
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687
- Nut Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Pickguard: Reissue Cream
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Toggle Switch Washer: Cream Toggle Washer
- Case: Custom Shop, Brown with Red Fur
- Certificate of Authenticity : Southern Rock Tribute Certificate of Authenticity
- Additional Materials: Custom Shop Case/Southern Rock Tribute Certificate of Authenticity