Newly developed technology ensures the GR055GK tracks accurately, quickly and comes with a plethora of quality sounds. Whether you want to take your tone to extremes or develop a new sound altogether. An industry standard for the adventurous guitarist this bundle is perfect to start out on, as it comes with the GK-3 pickup included.
This unit would fit right at home onstage or in the studio, and you can instantly access the GR55's huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond with category buttons. With the EZ Edit Function there is no knob twiddling and fiddling. This is quite simply a modern day classic in the making.
Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer Key Features:
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modelling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modelling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland’s latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modelling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an on-board looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK-3 Divided Pickup
GK-3 Divided Pickup (Worth £115)
The GK-3 Divided Pickup attaches to any steel-stringed electric — no drilling necessary — and delivers accurate performance data to guitar synthesizers such as Roland’s popular GR-20. The GK-3’s slim-line design enables ideal placement on the guitar.
- Mounts easily on any steel-stringed electric without damage to guitar
- Features an adjustable curve design and pickup cable length
- Includes attachment plate for Les Paul-type guitars
Here's what Roland have to say...
The GR-55 with GK-3 Pickup is the pinnacle of Roland's exhaustive efforts in the field of guitar synthesis over the last 35 years. In 1977, the company created the GR-500, the world's first guitar synthesizer. Roland has remained dedicated to guitar synthesis since then , constantly developing and improving the technology to make it accessible and easy to use by all guitarists.
Driven by Roland's newest proprietary digital processing technology, the GR-55 delivers lightning-fast tracking performance and previously impossible sound-making capabilities. It features two independent sound engines, each loaded with over 900 of Roland's latest sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage and modern synths, percussion, and many more. A third sound engine is driven by Composite Object Sound Modelling (COSM), the guitar modelling technology behind Roland's famous VG-99 V-Guitar System.
The GR-55 can also be used as a stand-alone effect processor but with the GK-3 pickup you can access the GR-55’s enormous palette of sounds. The GK-3 can be easily installed on most steel string guitars with no modification to the instrument. In addition, many different GK-ready instruments are commercially available from various top guitar manufacturers. Check out these GK Ready Guitars from Fender.
Now you can extend your enjoyment with the Friend Jam Guitar App which can be downloaded and installed for free from the Roland website.