John's was one of the first rock stars to join TC Electronics TonePrint program and his sounds proved so popular they decided to cooperate intensely and capture his interpretations of classic TC effects.
The Dreamscape - John Petrucci Signature Modulation Pedal
Great tones are the result of man and machine working in perfect harmony. So for the Dreamscape pedal TC Electronic brings the tech expertise and revolutionary Toneprint technology in order to perfectly capture the feel of John Petrucci's signature modulation sounds.
In TC Electronics own words:
Since they are such an integrated part of his "voice", John knows our products like the back of his hand - so he knew exactly what he wanted, yielding some of the best sounding modulation effects out there. Dreamscape houses Chorus, Flanger and Vibrato effects that will keep you challenged, inspired and coming round for riff-inspiring possibilities. Whether John is your main inspiration or you kinda dig his sounds, we've added a voicing switch that features a 'dark' setting - a mode that perfectly represents John's signature dark voicing that sounds great wether you wanna sound like the man himself or carve your own path.
TonePrint® Enabled - Signature Effects
Dripping with the DNA of rock, TonePrints are free, custom tuned tweaks of your favorite pedals, provided by your favorite guitarists! TonePrints give you access to an effect as it is used by the artist of your choice - so you can tap directly into the TC tones used by rock royalty and turn your stompbox into the signature pedal of your favorite axe-slinger. Oh, this being the 21st century and all, we've made a TonePrint App which allows you to beam TonePrints from your phone to your TonePrint pedal. Easy, fast and totally free of charge!
“Like all great signature gear, TheDreamscape makes Petrucci's tones accessible to all but, crucially, there's still plenty of room to experiment with what is an incredibly versatile and musical pedal.…” — Total Guitar
- Clean Chorus - Based on TCs classic SCF pedal, this is John’s goto sound live and in the studio.
- John Petrucci Crunch Chorus - Think of the most crushing riff John’s ever done with Dream Theater. Was there chorus on there? Thought so.
- Clean Vibrato - John wanted a very clear sound that hints of a Leslieswirl, so he went for a wide vibrato with a low speed setting. John actually got so inspired by this sound that he wrote a new riff on the spot.
- Crunch Vibrato - John wanted a tone that was not too warbly and ended up with a more subtle, almost doublingtype of effect with a rich tone, without the sound getting dark or the effect getting too pronounced.
- Clean Flanger - John opted for a type of phase cancellation that doesn’t completely cancel out, but instead sums up the clean and effected signal into a warmer, swirly sound the result is a very chorussy tone with a spinetingling ‘woosh’.
- Crunch Flanger - This is John’s twist on a classic aggressive slow flanger. Twist the knobs to create numerous cool sounds, but try setting the knobs to the 12 o’clock position for that classic flange that works especially well on crunchy to heavy riffs. Kick this in on you signature rock riffs – and heads will turn.