The legendary Mellotron lives on! But now, in the shape of a compact,new fx pedal from Electro-Harmonix. You can replicate some classic, vintage Mellotron sounds with the new MEL9 Tape Replay Machine: get those 'Strawberry Fields Forever' flutes, or Genesis' 'Watcher In The Skies' orchestra! And even better - if you have a keyboard that don't have Mellotron sounds, this new pedal works great with keys, too!
The Mellotron was a revolutionary keyboard invented in the sixties, and used by artists such as The Beatles, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Genesis and more. Like a precursor of synthesizer sampler keyboards, the Mellotron, however, used actual tape loops with recording of the real instruments - giving it a warm and organic quality which musicians today still love: the reason why acts as diverse as Oasis ('Wonderwall' cello sound), Radiohead (since OK Computer), and others still use Mellotron keyboards today.
The new MEL9 Tape Replay Machine is a perfect, affordable and compact solution if you want those sounds, too! It emulates vintage Mellotron® sounds and uses the same ground breaking technology that powers the award-winning B9 and C9 Organ Machines, plus the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine. Nine of the most famous sounds are included: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir.
MEL9 works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
It also works with bass guitar down to the open A string and keyboards, as well!
- Pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron® sounds: Orchestra, Cello, Strings, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Brass, Low Choir and High Choir
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even whammy dive bombs!
- Also works with bass guitar down do the open A string as well as keyboards
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 89 (h)