Now, keyboard players the world over have a really good reason to be afraid of their bands' guitarists! At the press of a footswitch, guitarists the world over can get some truly classic organ sounds such as the Mellotron flutes of The Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever, Led Zeppelin's Your Time Is Gonna Come and Jon Lord's classic Deep Purple Highway Star organ sounds.
The C9 will transform your instrument into a convincing full body, electric organ or vintage electronic keyboard.
For each preset chosen, it also provides precise control over important elements of that sound’s sonic fingerprint like percussive click, modulation, attack/sustain, drawbar setting or high frequency content. Blend your dry signal to create beautiful layers. Lovers of classic organ and keyboard rejoice!
DRY VOLUME KNOB
Controls the volume of the untreated instrument at the ORGAN OUTPUT jack.
ORGAN VOLUME KNOB
Controls the overall volume of the ORGAN preset.
MOD controls the speed of modulation. Modulation can be completely turned off when MOD is set fully counterclockwise. The type of modulation is contingent on the preset selected. The different types of modulation available are vibrato, tremolo and chorus. See the preset descriptions for modulation type.
CLICK controls percussive click level. It was designed to simulate the harmonic percussion effect on classic B3 and C3 organs. The click is added to the very first note or chord played. The click will retrigger only when current notes have been released and their amplitude falls below a threshold. For most presets, CLICK controls parameters unique to the preset. See the preset descriptions for details.
Press the BYPASS Footswitch to toggle the C9 between buffered Bypass and Effect mode. The status LED lights when in Effect mode.
DRY OUTPUT JACK
DRY outputs the signal present at the INPUT Jack through a buffer circuit. The dry signal is outputted regardless if the C9 is in Effect or Bypass mode. The DRY Volume knob does not change the volume at the DRY Output jack.
ORGAN OUTPUT JACK
ORGAN outputs the mix set by the DRY and ORGAN controls.
- Tone Wheel - Classic tone wheel-esque organ sound. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
- Prog – Paying homage to the massive sound of Keith Emerson of Emerson Lake and Palmer. MOD type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of an interval of a fifth and an octave below.
- Compact - This preset imitates a sound similar to Ray Manzarek’s tone on the Door’s “Light My Fire.” MOD type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
- Shimmer - This preset is based on an effect made popular by Brain Eno and Daniel Lanois. MOD adjusts the attack time. CLICK controls the sustain amount.
- Lord Purple – Our salute to the Jon Lord-ish type organ sound of Deep Purple. The ORGAN level controls the level of one set of 3 drawbars. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of a second set of 3 drawbars.
- Mello Flutes – A tribute to the classic Mellotron flute tape sound of The Beatles’ song “Strawberry Fields Forever.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the depth of the vibrato.
- Blimp - Led Zeppelin type sound. MOD Type: Chorus. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
- Press Tone – EHX’s nod to the great organ sound found on The Beatles’ song “Let It Be.” MOD type: Chorus. CLICK sets level of click sound.
- Telstar - Envisions the legendary sound of a Clavioline as used on The Tornadoes song “Telstar.” MOD Type: Vibrato. CLICK adjusts the level of upper harmonics.
Note: On presets 2, 3, 5 and 7; the CLICK knob is a volume control that works independently of the main ORGAN volume knob.
You can also mix the sounds of the C9 with those of the B9 pedal, and have a rich sound blending both organs, simply by using a A/B Y -style footswitch, such as the Morley ABY pedal.