For those requiring an integrated solution, the ABM 500RC EVO III is a rack-mounting version of the standard ABM 500 EVO III Head, with a stunning, polished chrome panel. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz.
The EQ can be switched in/out by a footswitch, enabling players to go from a flat fretless sound to a boosted sound via a favourite EQ setting. A single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages which can be preset and selected by footswitch, providing access to a massive range of clean, warm and overdriven tones.
Also footswitchable is the on-board compressor and the mighty Ashdown sub-harmonic generator which precisely tracks the main signal and reproduces it an octave lower. A sub-harmonic level control enables the player to add just the right amount of low-end reinforcement - everything from a subtle, thickening of the sound to unbridled, bone crushing tone.
The ABM500RC EVO III features a front-panel mounted balanced DI out with pre or post EQ switching, a sub-bass output, a tuner output, an FX loop and a line input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence. A new upgraded power section has faster transient attack, more headroom and even less noise.
Get Manual (PDF)
Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO III Amp Head Specifications
- Power Output (RMS) 575W
- Power Requirement 230 / 115V
- Frequency Response -3dB at 17Hz and 30kHz
- Speaker Outputs Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
- High Instrument Input Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20mV p-p
- Low Instrument Input Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- Line Input Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
- Sub Output Impedance 1k Ohms, level 0dBu Nominal
- DI Output 600 Ohms balanced, level 0dBu nominal
- Tuner Output Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- EQ Bass +/-15dB @ 45Hz
- Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz
- Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving
- Slider 1 +/-15dB @ 180Hz
- Slider 2 +/-15dB @ 340Hz
- Slider 3 +/-15dB @ 1.3kHz
- Slider 4 +/-15dB @ 2.6kHz
- Shape (Push Flat) +8dB @ 50Hz & 4kHz, -8dB @ 400Hz, filter slope - 6dB/octave
- Effects Send Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu Nominal
- H x W x D (mm) 134 x 474 x 315
- Weight (kg) 14