The new Alesis Crimson mesh Kit is an Eight-Piece Electronic Drum Kit with Mesh Heads.
The Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit is an 8-piece electronic drum kit featuring exclusive Alesis Mesh drum heads (Patent Pending) that deliver the perfect feel and expression. This is a great-value drum kit perfect for beginners, drum lessons and recording.
It features an 8-inch kick drum, 12-inch dualzone snare, two 8-inch dual-zone rack toms and a 10-inch dual-zone floor tom, along with a 14-inch three- zone ride that gives you maximum response and tonal versatility, a 12-inch hi-hat with pedal, and a 12-inch crash with choke function.
The included Crimson Drum Module features 70 drum kits (50 factory pre-set + 20 user-customizable) with over 600 sounds and 60 play-along tracks built-in. You can load your own .WAV or .MP3 samples and playalong tracks via USB memory stick for the ultimate flexibility.
To sharpen your skill, there’s a metronome and 1/8-inch input for playing along with your mobile device, so you’ll be ready for the studio or stage. A premium chrome 4-post rack with separate double-braced snare stand keeps everything solidly anchored, no matter how hard you play—no “travel,” no sagging!
- Tightly woven mesh drum heads enhance feel and playing response
- 8” kick drum, 12” dual-zone snare, two 8” dual-zone rack toms and 10” dual-zone floor tom
- Three-piece cymbal set with 12” hi-hat, 12” crash with choke and 14” three-zone ride
- Crimson drum module with 70 kits (50 factory pre-set + 20 user-customizable) and 600 sounds
- Load .WAV or .MP3 samples and play-along tracks via USB memory stick
- Real-time recording (5 tracks internally; up to 99 tracks via USB memory stick)
- USB/MIDI output for use with virtual instrument and recording software
- Premium chrome 4-post rack with double-braced snare stand
- All connection cables, mounting hardware and power supply included
Frequently Asked Questions
How many preset kits are included and what are they?
The Crimson Mesh Kit module comes complete with 50 classic and modern ready-to-play kits. They are:
- 1 Acoustic 1 14 Indian 27 Noise 40 Old School
- 2 Funk 15 African 28 Junkyard 41 R&B
- 3 Standard 16 World 29 Lo-Fi 42 Studio 1
- 4 Rock 17 Orchestra 30 Reggae 43 Studio 2
- 5 Power 18 Marimba 31 Ska 44 Standard 2
- 6 Jazz 19 Vibraphone 32 Songo 45 Vintage
- 7 808 20 HipHop 33 Fusion 46 Acoustic 2
- 8 Pop 21 909 34 Jazz Latin 47 Live
- 9 1970s 22 Dance 35 Jazz Brush 48 Room
- 10 Latin 23 Electronic 36 Big Band 49 Metal
- 11 FX Mix 24 Drum & Bass 37 Brush 50 90s Power
- 12 Percussion 1 25 House 38 Magic
- 13 Percussion 2 26 Techno 39 FunkBand
How many sounds are included with the Crimson Mesh Kit?
There are over 600 voices so that you can easily tweak any existing kit, or create your own using the 20 User Kit preset slots. Also, you can save as many user kits as you like to your USB flash drive as well.
Additionally, there are 60 preset songs that you can play along to. Each song has a drum part and accompaniment. You can adjust the volume of each so you can listen to the drum part, and then lower its volume and play along!
Can I use my own audio files and create my own kits?
Absolutely! The Crimson Mesh Kit allows you to add any WAV file up to 16-bit/48kHz to a 4GB to 64GB FAT32 formatted USB drive and add to/create your own unique kit. Each sample must be a 16-bit mono WAV file with a maximum size of 15 MB. It can have a sampling rate of 48, 44.1, 32, 22.05, or 11.025 kHz.
Can I save and load an entire kit from my USB flash drive?
Are you able to adjust the sensitivity of the mesh head trigger?
The Alesis mesh drum heads include an added physical knob to adjust the sensitivity of the piezo inside of the head. The knob adjusts how much the module will respond to the inner vs. outer pickups of the head. Additionally, you can also adjust the Trigger sensitivity and many other settings Crimson kit module as well.
Can I add triggers for more pads or cymbals?
The Crimson Mesh Kit comes with an impressive 5 premium mesh heads in ‘Special Edition Red’ 3 premium DMPad cymbals. Additionally, there are 2 available 1/4" dual-zone connections on the module that allow you to increase the amount of available single or dual-zone triggers on your kit. the inputs are labeled Tom 4 and Crash 2, you can assign any sound you like to those trigger inputs.
Is the hi-hat pedal a continuous or a switch-type pedal?
The Hi-Hat pedal included with the Crimson Mesh Kit is a continuous variable type pedal. This for open, half-open, and closed hi-hat sounds, and will also allow for "chick" and "splash" sounds pedal is pressed down and released without striking the hi-hat cymbal pad.
Can the Crimson Mesh Kit be used with a computer? How?
The Crimson Mesh Kit module comes with a USB connection allowing you to connect the module to a computer and send MIDI messages over this connection. It is class-compliant which means that it will work with any modern Mac or PC without the need to download any software or drivers.
- Maximum Polyphony 64 voices
- Kits 70 (50 preset + 20 user)
- 9 General MIDI kits
- Sounds 628 sounds/voices (drum, percussion, effect)
- 14 hi-hat combination voices
- Up to 99 user-loaded samples, 15 MB total
- Sequencer 125 patterns (120 preset songs + 5 user songs)
- Up to 99 user songs in 1 folder on USB flash drive
- 192 ticks per beat
- Real-time record
- Approx. 6800 notes per user song
- Tempo 30–280 BPM
- Display 64 x 128 pixel, monochrome, backlit display
- Connectors (1) DB-25 cable snake
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS Crash 2
- (1) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TS Tom 4
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS main ouputs
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo auxiliary input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI output
- (1) USB MIDI port
- (1) USB host port
- Power 9 VDC, 500 mA, center-positive
- Module Dimensions (width x depth x height): 9.1” x 6.3” x 2.7” (230 mm x 160 mm x 69 mm}
- Module Weight: 1.1 lbs./ 0.5 kg