Although floor-based Boss Loop Stations are perfect for street performing or on stage, not everyone wants to use their feet to keep the show rolling. The Boss RC-505 is a table-top Loop Station that fits right into a busy DJ booth or club environment, making it ideal for beatboxers, singers, and club performers.
Boss RC-505 Loop Station
Get the power of Boss looping at your fingertips. The RC-505 puts loop sequencing and effects tweaking on the table for beatboxers, DJs & singers. Ideal for improvising with loops live and getting creative producing in the studio. Will take a range of sources including Microphones, Instruments and Smart Phones.
Five stereo tracks with everything at your fingertips
Power without control is pointless. The RC-505 can play back five stereo tracks at once, making your performance easier to plan, build and control. You have everything you need at your fingertips: each of the five tracks has its own buttons to record, overdub, play and stop, giving complete control of your performance – no need to worry about pressing the wrong pedal with your foot. Each track has its own volume fader for fast adjustment, while the rhythm part can be sent via the headphones, giving a dedicated click track for monitoring and helping keep you in time. Each track also has its own playback mode (multi, single, one-shot, reverse, etc.) and tempo sync settings, providing even more flexibility once the performance has begun.
Powerful FX onboard
An effective performance Looper should be built around effects, so you can easily add colour to your sound during the gig. The RC-505 includes a wide variety of effects, split into two main types; Input FX and Track FX. Input FX such as ROBOT and VOCODER add unique textures when recording loops; Track FX, including VINYL FLICK and BEAT REPEAT provide dynamic DJ and sampler effects for real-time processing of phrase playback. Six dedicated buttons—three for Input FX and three for Track FX—can be loaded with your favourite effects, giving you one-touch on/off access while looping. In addition, effects parameters (filter cutoff, effect depth, etc.) can be tweaked in real time with the INPUT FX and TRACK FX knobs. Global compressor and reverb effects are also available for processing the overall sound output.
Boss Tone Central
Getting great sound is made simple with Boss Tone Central, offering stacks of content and artist presets to expand your palette. Whether you need fresh ideas or fancy nailing a favourite tone check out their immense library.
- Tabletop Loop Station that can be operated with the hands, perfect for beatboxers, vocalists, and club performers
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Wide range of Input FX and Track FX for processing loops, including DJ and sampler-style effects
- Independent play mode and tempo sync settings enable a flexible combination of track behaviours and advanced performance options
- 99 phrase memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- 85 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- External control via MIDI and optional footswitches or expression pedal
- USB for phrase import/export with computers; USB audio/MIDI functionality for integration with DAW software
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo AUX input