Start Spinning Tonight
Torq Conectiv instantly turns any compatible Mac or PC into a powerful DJ rig—no configuration issues or prep work. That’s because M-Audio’s SynchroScience design group created the included Torq software and Conectiv interface to work seamlessly together right from the start. Just plug in your Conectiv interface, fire up Torq, and get down to business.
The Best of All Worlds
Torq gives you everything you need to DJ in a single, easy-to-use workspace. Torq includes an integrated two-channel mixer with three-band EQs, level controls, headphone cueing and a crossfader, just like a traditional DJ setup. Then the power of digital DJing kicks in. The program has two virtual decks where you can load, cue and mix digital files—including MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA and AAC—and it will even automatically beat-match the files the instant you load them. Torq also organizes all of your digital files into an easily searchable database, letting you pull up the perfect track or change up your set in an instant. You can even access your entire iTunes library through Torq, so you can truly have all of your music at your fingertips.
The Conectiv USB interface delivers world-class M-Audio technology, outfitting your digital DJ rig with two pairs of RCA stereo inputs and outputs, microphone input and phono preamps. Two large knobs allow you to seamlessly mix between the incoming audio from a turntable or CD player and the output of a connected Mac or PC. Conectiv also includes standard DJ cueing capabilities, so you can listen to any track in your headphones before sending it out to the house system. And with a maximum output level of +2dBV, Conectiv gives you enough volume to go toe-to-toe with any DJ hardware on the market.
While Torq and Conectiv are designed to work seamlessly together, Conectiv is also compatible with any Mac or PC software using CoreAudio and ASIO drivers—delivering low-latency performance as a recording interface for DAWs like Ableton Live, Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer and more. Of course, it’s also compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 or later as your entrance into the world of industry-standard recording.
The Ultimate DJ Effects Unit
Torq supports the vast world of third-party VST effects plug-ins and allows you to create recallable snapshots of your favorite EQ, effect and mixer settings. You even get 10 exciting built-in effects right out of the box. Beyond using these effects on your digital files, you can use Torq Conectiv to turn a laptop into the most versatile DJ effects unit ever conceived for your vinyl and CDs. Imagine the possibilities of stacking multiple distortion, EQ, reverb, chorus or bit reduction effects and using the knobs on Conectiv to blend the dry and processed signals.
Live Remix Machine
With Torq, you’re never limited to just basic beat-matching and crossfading between tracks. With a 16-cell, tempo-synced sampler, easy looping capabilities and multiple cue points, you can chop up a song—on the fly—and reorder, remix and extend any section you want, all while staying perfectly in time. The QuickScratch feature even lets you instantly scratch with any two loaded samples. With the option of adding multiple effects, you can turn a song into a completely original piece of music and even record it on the spot with the integrated performance recorder. And for the DAW-savvy DJ, you can route the output of Torq to any ReWire-compatible host application like Pro Tools M-Powered 7.3 or later and share synchronization information between the programs.
Torq lets you work the way you want to work. Rather than limiting you to DJing with just a mouse, Torq can also be controlled via keyboard or MIDI controller—like the X-Session Pro or Oxygen 8 v2. And with a compatible audio interface like the M-Audio Conectiv and M-Audio’s specially encoded Torq Control CDs or Torq Control Vinyl disks (both included), you can control digital files loaded in Torq with the feel of a traditional DJ setup. Torq includes multiple operating modes that can make playback behave like a traditional turntable or a DJ CD player—and there is even a hybrid mode that blends the strengths of both vinyl and CD-style control.
Torq software features:
- cue, beat-match and mix digital audio files (including MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA and AAC)
- works instantly and seamlessly with Conectiv
- organizes digital audio files (including iTunes libraries) into easily searchable database
- automatic beat-matching and integrated time-stretching/compression
- 2 virtual decks for loading and playing files
- 2-channel mixer with 3-band EQ, level control, headphone cueing and crossfader
- supports two inputs for source music, microphones and more from compatible interfaces
- includes 10 effects including filter, phaser, strobe, delay, flanger, reverb, distortion, repeat, brake and reverse
- supports optional third-party VST effects
- 16-cell, tempo-synced sampler
- QuickScratch feature allows instant scratching with two loaded samples
- performance recorder
- snapshot function for instant recall of mixer and effects settings
- instant looping
- vinyl, CDJ and hybrid emulation control modes
- controllable via mouse, keyboard or MIDI controller
- controllable with traditional DJ hardware using Torq Control Vinyl and Torq Control CDs
- multiple operating modes for emulating turntable, DJ CD player or a hybrid of both
- functions as a ReWire slave
Conectiv hardware features:
- 4 x 4 USB 1.1 audio interface with 16-bit/48kHz fidelity
- 4 RCA inputs configurable for line-level or phono signals
- 4 RCA line outputs with +2dBV peak output level
- 2 mix knobs for blending between the audio input and computer output
- ¼” TRS headphone output with volume control
- crossfadable cue source with headphone split function
- ¼” TS microphone input (dynamic mics only)
- USB bus-powered
- Core Audio and ASIO compatible
- Pro Tools M-Powered compatible (version 7.3 or later)
Torq Control Vinyl and Control CDs features:
- ultra-fast response
- bi-directional positioning
- heavy-duty construction