Digital Music Solution
The Pioneer MEP7000 offers a flexible high quality solution specifically with digital music in mind, being compact and easily to transport, yet inheriting the basic functions and features of our popular CDJ series CD Decks. The MEP-7000 enables you to play MP3/AAC files stored on various memory formats, along with playback of music from conventional media such as CD/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM discs. The system can also be setup to playback and mix music automatically using playlists, allowing the system to entertain when no DJ is present. The MEP-7000 and SEP-C1 Software Entertainment Controller are a response to the trend of laptops being utilised by professional DJs. Recent developments have changed the way mobile and club DJs organise and play their music. No longer carrying boxes of vinyl or CD’s full of music, laptops, USB flash media and hard drives are becoming standard amongst the DJ community.
A key feature of this product is the 4.3-inch colour LCD screen that gives clear accurate information, allowing intuitive and easy menu navigation. The MEP-7000 transforms into a Karaoke playback device when a CD-G disc is inserted, displaying the playback video on the LCD screen, but can also be fed to external monitors using the composite video output terminal. The SEP-C1 (also available as a separate unit) works as a software controller when used in conjunction with compatible software such as Pioneer's bundled “DJS”. This allows your to manage and control playback of audio files stored on your computer, to give full scale DJ performance without the need for a mouse or keyboard. The MEP-7000 allows USB control from either PC or Mac.
So, besides music from CD/DVD, the MEP-7000 lets DJs play music files, such as MP3 /AAC/WAV/AIFF, stored on USB keys, HDD, CD-R/RW and DVD±R/RW. The unit is also compatible via USB with Pioneer’s DJS software or applications such as Serato Scratch LIVE or Traktor – without the need for a time coded disc. USB connectivity furthermore means that the SEP-C1 can easily be used as a MIDI controller for MIDI-compatible computer applications. The 4.3-inch colour LCD with high visibility, intelligent GUI (Graphic User Interface) and a rotary selector enables rapid track searches from huge music libraries.
Features And FX
To achieve this, the MEP-7000 adopts an industry-first Area-Colour OEL (Organic Electroluminescene) display, ensuring that the user can see performance data in harsh lighting conditions. A high quality Touch Sensor Jog Wheel is capable of controlling various scratch sounds and these definitely broaden the scope of any DJ performance. The MEP-7000 carries 3 patterns of Scratch Jog Effects (SCRATCH, BUBBLE and TRANS) and 3 patterns of Digital Jog Break Effects (JET, ROLL and WAH), which vary depending on the DJ’s choice and use of the Jog Wheel. Effects lovers will be pleased to know there are also 8 patterns of DJS Effect (DELAY, ECHO, AUTO PAN, AUTO TRANCE, AUTO FILTER, FLANGER, REVERB and PITCH SHIFTER) available, and that these can all be synced with the BPM (Beat Per Minute), if required. Only when connected to DJS via the USB connectivity.
The MEP-7000 uses an Auto Mix function that allows auto mix playback of tracks registered on the Play List. There are then 4 patterns of Mix Mode (ECHO, ZIP, CUT IN and CROSS FADE), allowing music to be mixed in a selected style and played automatically. The MEP-700 is an advanced Multi-Entertainment Player, ready for every application, now and in the future.
- Multi-entertainment player and controller, especially for the mobile DJ and bar market
- Dynamic digital media playback and MIDI-control via USB
- Area-Colour OEL, 4.3-inch colour LCD for express music mapping
- Scratch-happy Jog Wheel and a wide range of effects
- Auto Mix for automatic mixed playback of tracks from Play List
- Library Function: Select tracks from various categories, such as genre/artist
- Tempo Control Range : Choose from 4 maximum ranges for the tempo slider: ±6, ±10, ±16, and WIDE ±100. (WIDE mode is not available with MP3/AAC/WAV and AIFFs files.)
- Pitch Bend Button: Achieve fine adjustment of track speed simply by pressing the button
- Seamless Loop: Repeats a loop without interruption. Loops can be set as small as approx. 0.013 seconds up to infinity
- Hot Loop: Return to a loop-in point during loop playback. Start over the loop playback by just pressing a button
- Memory Cue/Loop: The unit can memorise any CUE/LOOP point at the press of a button
- Auto BPM (Beats Per Minute) Counter: Automatically measures and digitally displays a track’s tempo
- Digital Output and Monitor Out Terminals: Output audio digitally and select tracks using a large external display
- Keyboard Available: Select tracks swiftly and input characters directly
- Legato Link Conversion: Reproduces richer and more natural sound with WIDE range playback by up sampling, 44.1 kHz to 176.4 kHz, the audio information lost in a CD format
- Vibration Proof Construction: Shockproof memory plus floating mechanism used in Pioneer’s Car audio components helps prevent skipping and resists vibration
- Rack-Mount-Ready: Ready for rack mounting, which is useful for club/studio installations. (EIA compliant)