Successful artists demand purity—purity of sound most importantly, but also the purity of style, controls, movement, and art. Rane’s answer to this demand is the MP2014 two-channel rotary mixer with a pristine signal path that provides everything needed with nothing else added.
This MP2014 Rotary DJ Mixer is perfect for the discerning perfectionist DJ who only needs two channels but requires the utmost in technology, simplicity, reliability, and portability. The MP2014 is built for DJs who love the classic rotary mixer experience yet refuse to compromise cutting edge features.
Different DJ styles require different instruments. The MP2014 is uniquely tailored for the artist seeking the fluidity and smooth transitions provided by silky-smooth rotary controls. Like its four-channel big brother this definitive mixing instrument is realized through a combination of powerful and unique features, classic elegance, rugged design and intuitive simplicity.
Rane redefined the rotary DJ mixer by bridging the gap between classic rotary mixers and modern DJ tools. The MP2014 represents the perfect marriage of a high-quality rotary control surface, with state-of-the-art digital signal processing and dual 16-channel USB sound cards. An essential assortment of analog and digital I/O supports mixing vinyl, CDs and USB streaming audio in any combination.
Featuring exceptional phono preamps, three-way swept-filters and a three-band, steep 24dB/octave main mix Isolator—with adjustable crossover points—the MP2014 provides the same quality, aesthetics, and high-resolution audio as the MP2015 in an elegant and portable design.
Strikingly different and beautiful to look at with its laser-etched Rane-logo wood side panels, classic spun-aluminum knob caps, 16-segment level peak-hold meters and back-lit push switches, the MP2014 sports a new compact size and shape for a rotary mixer, with all controls selected, designed and located for effortless professional performance playback. Its size makes it portable and easy to move about.
A world-class leader in performance, this mixer is designed for playback of High-Resolution Audio (HRA) 24-bit studio master quality sources. Its sonic signature has no equal, satisfying the most stringent vinyl purists. And the dynamics are perfect for DJs that appreciate the uncompressed sound of WAV and FLAC files.
Professional high-end sound quality begins and ends with the audio signal converters. The MP2015 uses premium performance Audio 4 Pro™ delta-sigma modulator converters by AKM [Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation] that meet the highest sound quality standards of recording studios. The balanced differential audio input converters deliver 116 dB dynamic range, utilizing a built-in modified FIR architecture that minimizes group delay, allowing excellent linear phase response.
The 24-bit audio output converters have the same 116 dB dynamic range and sport AKM’s proprietary 24-bit digital filter for better sound quality achieving low distortion characteristics and wide dynamic range. The differential outputs eliminate the need for AC coupling capacitors further increasing performance. Input and output converters support sample rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, or 96 kHz. Overall Digital/USB in to Line-out, or Line-in to Digital/USB out dynamic range is 116 dB (A-weighted), while Line-input to Line-output dynamic range is a remarkable 113 dB (A-weighted) with vanishingly low THD+N of 0.001%.
Studio Quality Preamps
The Phono-CD (or any line-level source) analog input stages feature gold RCA connectors and are true studio-quality preamplifiers. The circuitry provides low noise, high gain-bandwidth, low harmonic distortion, fast slew rate and high output current. The phono RIAA filter accuracy measures +0.1/-0.2 dB from perfect. Included are 18 Hz high-pass infrasonic (rumble) filters with steep 18 dB/octave slopes and ultrasonic filters beginning roll-off at 50 kHz at a 12 dB/octave rate. A zero-distortion relay selects between CD and Phono operation.
All analog source input stages have gold RCA connectors along with buffered circuitry that provides EMI, RFI, and transient overvoltage protection. All analog outputs have gold connectors along with line-driving circuitry with EMI, RFI, and ESD protection as well as on/off transient noise muting transistors.
The internal power supply accommodates line voltages from 100 to 240 VAC and either 60 Hz or 50Hz and is fitted with a detachable universal IEC-320-C13 power cord. This combined with international agency approvals allows the MP2014 worldwide usage.
Each Input channel and the Session Input features a unique and exclusive three-position toggle selector switch. Choose between LP (low-pass), HP (high-pass) or L-H (low-pass, high-pass combo). All have steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order) slopes and are sweepable.
In the LP position, the Filter knob sweeps the low-pass corner frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.
In the HP position, the Filter knob sweeps the high-pass corner frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.
In the L-H position, the Filter knob sweeps either the LP or HP filter depending upon rotation direction from center. The 12:00 middle position bypasses both filters giving a flat unaffected response. Rotating the knob from fully counterclockwise to center sweeps the LP filter from 20 Hz to 18 kHz. Rotating the knob from center to fully clockwise sweeps the HP filter from 35 Hz to 20 kHz.
The single Resonance (Q) knob controls the shape of the filters. The range is from flat (Q=0.707) to max peaking (Q=12).
These filters are high-resolution, fast and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.
Isolator EQ Section
The proprietary three-band output Isolator is a steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order) phase-compensated Linkwitz-Riley design with continuously adjustable low-mid and mid-high crossover points. Like the Tone Controls, these filters are extremely accurate, high resolution, fast and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.
Adjustable crossovers allow the artist to match the Isolator to the music being played. Low-mid crossover is adjustable from 80 Hz to 640 Hz. Mid-high crossover is adjustable from 1 kHz to 8 kHz.
These give you amazing control of the powerful lows, mountainous mids, and silky-sweet highs in your main mix.
The input channels have exceptional three-band tone controls characterized by being 12 dB/octave (2nd-order) Linkwitz-Riley, full-cut filters (kill) with selectable crossover points of 150 Hz/6.0 kHz or 300 Hz/3.0 kHz. The crossover points are selected in the user control panel when connected to a computer via one of the USB ports.
Like the Sweep Filters, the Tone Control filters are extremely accurate, high-resolution, fast, and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.
MP2014 Rotary DJ Mixer Tech Specs
- Two Analog Deck Inputs: Each is Phono-CD switchable
- ....Analog Stereo RCA jacks: Phono (RIAA) or CD (line-level)
- ........Phono Response: RIAA +0.1/-0.2 dB, Gain: 31 dB at 1 kHz, Butterworth 3rd-order Infrasonic (rumble) and 2nd-order Low-pass Filters
- ........Max Phono Input: 126 mV
- ........Max Line Input: 4 Vrms, all unbalanced inputs
- Two Analog Aux Inputs: Line Level, Stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
- Session Analog Input: Line Level, Stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
- Session S/PDIF Input / Output: RCA jacks (Dynamic range of 128 dB)
- ....Input 16-bit or 24-bit PCM only, Sample Rate 16 kHz to 144 kHz
- ....Dynamic range of 128 dB with ultra-low jitter and 16:1 SRC conversion range
- 24-bit @ 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
- 24-bit @ 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
- Digital/USB Input to Line Output: 116 dB A-weighted
- Line Input to Digital/USB Output: 116 dB A-weighted
- Line Input to Line Output: 113 dB A-weighted
Digital Signal Processing
- Seven stereo record, three stereo playback, each port, 24-bit PCM @ 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
- Class Compliant: No driver needed for Mac OS X
- ASIO driver provided for Windows 7 and higher
- Stereo unbalanced 1/4" TS (tip-sleeve) jacks, Send and Return.
- Balanced 1/4" TRS & XLR combo jack with Mic-Line level switch.
- Main is on balanced XLR jacks
- Booth is on balanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Session is an unbalanced RCA line-level or S/PDIF digital RCA jacks
- FlexFX Loop Send is unbalanced RCA jacks
- ....Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.25 dB
- ....Unbalanced jacks (Session & FX Send) Max 4 Vrms
- ....Balanced jacks (Main & Booth) Max 8 Vrms
Internal Universal Power Supply
- 100 to 240 VAC, Max 20 W, 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- Size: 35.56 cm x 27.94 cm x 10.95 cm (14˝ H x 11˝ W x 4.31˝ D) with knobs
- Weight: 4.7 kg or 10.4 lb
- Shipping Size: 19.7 cm x 38.1 cm x 49 cm (7.75˝ H x 15˝ W x 19.25˝ D)
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 kg or 14 lb