The KAOSS DJ is a USB and standalone DJ controller that features a built-in KAOSS PAD, KORG's famous and inimitable touch pad effects unit. Using these effects, along with the generous assortment of control features provided, will take your DJ performances to a whole new level.
The new Kaoss DJ Controller is a super-versatile controller with built-in Kaoss pad, and which also serves as a compact 2-channel mixer full of features. A fantastic tool for the laptop DJ.
Use sweeping filters to accentuate or create your own drop; use time-based delays to manipulate the beat; employ isolators to accentuate frequencies for mashups; put a huge reverb on that snare hit... the possibilities are endless!
KAOSS DJ is extremely compact while maintaining all the functionality DJs command–and more!
Serato DJ Intro software is supported (Free download), so you can connect the KAOSS DJ to your PC and get maximum DJ performance with the minimum equipment.
- Integrated KAOSS PAD for instant control of effects and synths
- Small, thin, lightweight, with a stylish design
- Support for "Serato DJ Intro" software (Free download)
- Built-in Audio interface; simply connect to your PC via USB and start DJ performance
- Stand-alone operation as a two-channel mixer
Integrated KAOSS PAD
KORG's unique KAOSS PAD DJ effect unit offers 120 programs which are ideal for DJ performances, as well as synth programs inherited from KORG’s Kaossilator. Simply moving your finger on the touch pad lets you control effects in complex ways.
Numerous functions indispensable for DJ performance are provided.
- FX RELEASE function automatically adds a delay when you take your finger off the touch pad, naturally blending the effect into your sound.
- Hold function maintains the effect even after you release your finger.
- Auto BPM function automatically detects the BPM of the song and synchronizes the effect.
- Scale/Key settings let you play a synthesizer in the key of your song without any wrong notes.
Small, thin, lightweight
The KAOSS DJ is sleek and streamlined; with high-visibility LEDs providing constant feedback to the user. At a mere 730 grams, it’s ready to go anywhere your laptop is.
Despite its compact size, KAOSS DJ is loaded with powerful features that are all laid out to be friendly and fast. At the heart of the KAOSS DJ is a great-feeling crossfader and two highly-responsive touch platters. Large level meters are placed on both sides of the body provide excellent visual feedback, while adding an eye-catching additional live element your performances. All of this, along with cueing, looping, sync, and powerful KAOSS effects, make KAOSS DJ a professional-level DJ controller that’s built to perform.
Serato and KORG: your new DJ partners
The easy-to-use Serato DJ Intro software is fully supported, and is available as a free download so you can get started right away. Serato DJ Intro sees the KAOSS DJ and immediately connects. Of course,standard MIDI support is also provided, so you can also use KAOSS DJ with a variety of other DJ software programs.
Serato DJ Intro for KAOSS DJ will be available for free download from early March, 2015 on the official Serato web site. (http://serato.com/dj)
Serato DJ Intro System Requirement
- NOTE: Serato DJ Intro and Serato DJ do not work when CPU in your PC is AMD.
- Product Support for Serato DJ Intro - http://serato.com/contact/support
Built-in audio interface
KAOSS DJ isn’t just a DJ controller and effects processor. It also features a USB audio interface with inputs and outputs, providing even more performance possibilities. With audio, MIDI and effects features, KAOSS DJ is a complete DJ solution!
- * Windows users need to install KORG 4ch ASIO driver.
- * Mac users need to install the latest KORG USB-MIDI Driver.
Stand-alone operation as a mixer
The KAOSS DJ can also be used as a stand-alone, functioning as a two-channel mixer. Audio sources can be connected away from the computer, and can be affected by the KAOSS effects. You can choose which set of inputs are processed, or set them all to run through the effects.