Arturia Oberhaim SEM-V - "An excellent addition to Arturia's line-up. A serious and great sounding synth that is easy enough for beginners but powerful enough for pro users." - MusicTech Magazine.
The Arturia Oberheim SEM-V is a powerful recreation of Oberheim’s SEM that was capable of producing a wide range of rich sounds but whilst a signature sound all of its own.
The Arturia Oberheim SEM-V reproduces the unique SEM circuit architecture, featuring the original’s oscillator specific envelope response, characteristic filter shape and it can generate the same fat basses that were extremely popular with Papa Oberheim.
- Simple and cleverly designed PW and pitch modulation sections
- Easy to create full and lively leads
- Can instantly create fat, crisp and spectral textures
- Faithful virtual instruments with the same properties as the originals
- Features a number of new twists for even easier operation
- Additional realms of polyphony and multitimbrality
- Features a world of deep pads, warm brass and complex sequences
- Windows : XP/Vista/Seven 32 & 64 bit
- Mac OS X : 10.5 or higher, Intel only
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & VST 3, 32 & 64 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- PC/Windows: 1 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
- Mac (Intel only) : 1 GB RAM; 2 GHz CPU
Protection - Internet connection required to authorize the product.
New Features from Arturia
The SEM V adds a few tricks to the original model, that considerably increase the sonic possibilities and allow the demanding musician to push the boundaries of the Oberheim sound a little further:
Oberheim SEM V
- Polyphony and 8 Voice multitimbrality inspired by the 2, 4, and 8 voice models
- White Noise, to mix into your etheral pads and FX sounds
- Sub Oscillator with sawtooth and sine waves, for added growl and bottom end
- LFO 2 with sine, sawtooth and square waves, for more complex modulations
- Professional Effects (overdrive, Delay, Chorus), to directly process your sounds on-board
- Arpeggiator, for instant basslines and inspiring melodic patterns
- Portamento to unlock more expression in your playing
New Exclusive Modules
The SEM V also brings 3 new-generation modules offering a unique and contemporary sound palette :
Keyboard Follow - The intuitive Keyboard follow lets you draw modulation curves on the fly. You can map up to 6 parameters of your choice, guaranteeing a maximum expression of playing on your MIDI keyboard.
Voice Programmer - Inspired by the multi-timbrality of the Oberheim 2, 4 and 8 voice, the Voice Programmer is a powerful module on which you can edit no less than 7 additional virtual SEM voices.
Unlike the repetitive manipulations on hardware SEM, the Voice Programmer makes programming a breeze thanks to its ergonomic interface. Whether you want to play spectral pads or complex sequences, this module will allow you to reach amazing sonic results in no time.
Modulation Matrix - The SEM V Modulation Matrix offers 8 simultaneous modulations which you can set between 8 different sources and more than 25 destinations.
With its polyphonic capability, Arpeggiator, Voice Programmer, Modulation Matrix and effects, you can create an incredible array of sounds, all while keeping the ease of use and true sound of the Oberheim SEM architecture.
See more here