Bristling with new features and valuable enhancements, Cubase 6.5 is your go-to software for recording, editing, mixing and producing music in all its creative forms. Sumptuous effects, inspiring instruments and stunning editing tools nestle in an easy-to-use interface that puts creativity first.
Steinberg Cubase 6.5
This particular version of the latest Cubase software is a standalone installation ideal for a new computer or one without a previous copy of Cubase installed - upgrades, updates and the streamlined Artist edition are also available.
Cubase 6.5 is the latest, greatest version of Steinberg’s flagship digital audio workstation. It lets you edit faster and work smarter with new plug-in generation and more grid options to suit your workflow.
Cubase 6.5 is your go-to audio workstation for recording, editing, mixing and producing music of all types. Advanced multitrack editing tools, a new take-comping system and the revolutionary VST Note Expression 2 form the centerpiece of Cubase 6.5 novelties. Its refined new interface offers faster access and more intuitive control than ever before. An outstanding range of effect processors and superior instruments like VST Amp Rack and LoopMash 2 fuel your creative imagination. Cubase 6.5 is about making your music in the easiest, most effective way. It’s about making your music the only thing that matters.
Cubase 6.5 offers enhanced workflow features within the Project window. The newly introduced Track Edit Groups option refines the work with multitrack recordings, allowing related events on multiple tracks to be grouped and edited simultaneously, while the new Lane Track offers convenient multitake comping for selecting and consolidating audio parts to form the perfect take. The redesigned transient and automatic tempo detection, phase-accurate audio quantization and drum replacement functions incorporated in Cubase 6.5 help to smooth out any glitches in live-recorded drum tracks. The Key Editor has further been enhanced with an Inspector panel and the groundbreaking Note Expression feature for creating and editing multiple 2 controller values on a single-note level. Also included is the new Dynamics Lane, which allows real-time listening of dynamic changes while automatically in sync with dynamic notations from the Score Editor.
Both Cubase 6.5 and Cubase Artist 6 feature the VST Amp Rack plug-in, which comes with seven amp models, sixteen stomp boxes, six speaker cabinets and two microphone types. A great benefit is added by the HALion Sonic SE virtual instrument, which comes with more than 900 production-ready sounds in Cubase and 550 sounds in Cubase Artist, and the second edition of LoopMash, now boasting more than 20 MIDI-controllable live and slice-based effects.
The significantly redesigned graphical user interface minimizes eye strain, which is customizable in its intensity, brightness and tone color settings. Both new Cubase versions offer 64-bit support for Windows and Mac operating systems, enabling a performance boost for using more tracks and bigger sample libraries.
Cubase 6.5 Features
- Drum editing deluxe with tempo detection, audio quantization and drum replacement
- Lightning-fast multitake advanced comping: combine the best parts of a take with one click
- Track Edit Groups tie together related events across multiple tracks for highly efficient editing.
- VST Expression 2: working with instrument articulations and dynamics was never easier
- VST Amp Rack: virtual guitar amplifier and effects suite
- HALion Sonic SE virtual instrument with more than 900 production-ready sounds
- LoopMash 2: more cool ways to remix loops and create tons of new fresh variations of your music
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks
- Enhanced Quick Controls with MIDI learn und direct parameter assignment
- Enhanced Key Inspector and controller/automation data editing
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks with up to 192 kHz
- 5.1 surround support