First introduced in 1972 as the "Blue Meanie" version (less than 100 were built), the ARP 2600 evolved over the years to become a synthesizer celebrated by the most respected musicians. Now Arturia have brought the ARP 2600 to the virtual domain!
The ARP2600 is one of the finest analog synthesizers ever made. Celebrated by the most respected musicians over the last thirty years, it is capable of creating amazing sounds thanks to the exclusive ARP technologie. The ARP 2600 can be operated with or without patchcords since all of the functions are internally wired and can be controlled via sliders and switches. Due to this approach users can use the system simply while creating some of the wildest and most musically expressive analog sounds ever!
With the ARP2600 V, Arturia brings this powerfull analog synthesizer back to life. In addition to the original functions, MIDI control,polyphony, and the ability to create, save and recall presets are all provided. But that's not all: behind the speakers panels are hidden innovative features that take the initial design of the ARP 2600 to a new level. Four revolutionary tracking generators add sound design possibilites that have never been seen before. Additional effects are also provided and along with the original ARP sequencer, they form an exciting new virtual synthesizer.
If you are at the beginning of your learning curve, you will be enjoy getting started with the hundreds of presets provided, or if you are an experienced sound designer, the ARP2600 V will allow you to immediately add new dimensions to your music.
- No aliasing from 0.1 Hz to 16 kHz
- 96 kHz and up to 64 bits floating point
- More than 400 presets, made by professionals
- Playable through a MIDI keyboard
- 3 voltage-controlled oscillators. The second oscillator can modulate either the first two oscillators or the filter.
- Low pass resonant filter
- 1 LFO which can be synchronised on the tempo of the host sequencer
- 1 Sample and Hold
- Env 1: ADSR; Env 2: AR ; 1 Envelope Follower
- 1 Ring modulator
- 1 ARP original sequencer
- A Tracker / interactive LFO exclusive module allowing to create new kinds of modulations in real time.
- ARP2500 multimode 12 db filter including the very special notch / low shell filter combination
- Possibility to synchronise Osc2 on Osc1
- 1 Chorus
- 1 Stereo Delay to be synchronised via MIDI.
- Updated voltage processors that you can now use either as inverters, mixers or lag processors.
- New keyboard following management
- Polyphony from 2 to 32 voices with Unison possibilities
- Absolutely pure and top quality sound, just like the original ARP 2600 sound.
- And much more...
PC/Windows : 1 GHz, 256 MB of RAM, Windows 98SE/2000/XP
Mac OS X : 1 GHz, 256 MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
Sound Card :
Any sound card compatible with DirectX, ASIO, SoundManager or CoreAudio
A 301-paged paper manual is provided in 3 languages: French, English and Japanese.
Copy protection: the installation CD is only required each time you want to import new banks of presets or when you install an update patch of the product.