With its intuitive creative flow, ever-expanding rack of instruments and effects and generous sound palette to get you started, Reason is the music software that doesn’t get in your way, but helps you along in your creative process. The Big Reason is seven brand new sample libraries, over 6500 samples and over 4Gb of material, all for the price of one library.
Reason has established itself as the go-to software for the creative musician.
With its intuitive creative flow, ever-expanding rack of instruments and effects and generous sound palette to get you started, Reason is the music software that doesn’t get in your way, but helps you along in your creative process. Version 5 adds the mighty Kong Drum Designer, the versatile DrOctoRex Loop Player, live sampling input, the Blocks pattern based sequencing mode and much, much more.
Reason 5 is built around its virtual rack of instruments and effects.
As you work on your track, you are building the rack as you go. Everything is automatically patched in and routed as you create more instruments. Should you want to get deep, simply flip the rack around and route audio cables anyway you like, just like in a real world studio, only faster and better.
Finding your sound is an important part of the musical process. Reason’s huge and extensible sound bank is an incredibly powerful tool to get you going, fast. With Gigabytes of synth patches,multi-sampled instruments, drum kits, effects and more, you will have what you need from the start. Still want more? There are tons of commercial and free ReFills out there to help you define your sound.
The thing that strikes most new Reason users is how much they get done in a short amount of time, and how fun it is doing it. Reason's legendary creative flow lets you stay focused on the music and explore your options as you go. With a completely integrated environment like Reason, you will face fewer dialog boxes, more fun and more music.
Who is Reason 5 for?
Keyboard players and beat makers who are serious about their music making and having a great sound. People who already have a DAW and want a rack of gear to expand their sounds palette.
Features of Reason 5
- An infinitely expandable rack of mouth-watering synths, samplers, drum machines and effects For keyboard players, beat makers and DAW owners, Reason comes with all the instruments and effects you need.
- Includes a massive soundbank of stunning sounds No matter what music style you make, with Reason you will make more, better sounding music than ever.
- Make it your own! Customize all connections and build your own sounds Flip the rack and reveal the backside to freely route and reroute signal paths. Reason is simple to use, yet as deep as you make it.
- Integrates with all hosts on the planet Through ReWire, Reason becomes a rack of instruments and effects for use with your favorite DAW. Pair it with Propellerhead Record for a punch-packing powerhouse of a production tool.
Reason 5 System Requirements
- 1 GB RAM or more
- DVD drive
- 2 GB free hard disk space
- Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
- Internet connection for registration
- A MIDI interface and a MIDI keyboard recommended
Reason 5 Windows Requirements
- Intel P4/AMD Athlon XP at 2GHz or better (multiple cores highly recommended). Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7. Audio Interface with ASIO driver
Reason 5 Mac Requirements
- Intel Mac (multiple cores highly recommended). Mac OS X 10.4 or higher. CoreAudio compliant audio interface or built-in audio hardware
The Big Reason Sample Pack
The Big Reason is seven brand new sample libraries, over 6500 samples and over 4Gb of material, all for the price of one library.
The Big Reason is packed full of loops, instruments, pads, effects and much, much more, all programmed for Propellerheads Reason as REX2, NN-19, NN-XT, Re-Drum, Malstrom, Subtractor and WAV files.
Covering almost every contemporary music style including Dance, Funk, Urban, Ambient, Leftfield and Ethnic and with over 6500 samples to choose from you will always find something to stimulate your creativity.
The seven new, exciting libraries in this package are:
Binary Finary - a dance music library from the dance maestros themselves.
Chemical Comedown - pads, fx and soundscapes that create a journey into sound.
G-Funk Era - an awesome collection of dancefloor funk-ed up essentials
Guitar Lab - electric & acoustic guitar licks, riffs, notes and chord patterns from a top sessionist.
Organic Chemistry - other-worldly, exotic, unexplained, alien & avant-garde sounds.
Percolated Beats - live drumloops from top urban music session drummer Richie Spaven.
Planet Bliss Loops - over 700 brand new beats suitable for all kinds of dance music.
..and because we don't want to upset any non-Reason users out there we have left all the files unpacked so anyone can access these wonderful samples and use them in their favourite software.
- 4.2Gb of samples
- over 3300 Rex2 Files
- over 3300 Wav Files
- 520 NN-XT Patches
- 490 NN-19 Patches
- 57 ReDrum Kits
- 50 Malstrom Patches
- 47 Subtractor Patches