FL Studio 10 Producer Edition is a complete software music production environment, representing the culmination of more than 10 years of sustained & focused development. FL10 is the fastest way from your brain to your speakers.
"We think the multitrack audio recording feature makes this a significant upgrade to the Fruity Edition"
What is FL10?
FL Studio is a full-featured, open architecture, music production environment capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music. The FL Studio philosophy is creative freedom .
Chief Software Architect, Didier Dambrin has realized his vision of creating an open-architecture virtual studio environment where the only constraint on the users is their own imagination.
This philosophy is reflected in FL Studio 10’s flexible audio and control data routing, free-form Playlist design and interoperability with industry standards (VST/VSTi/VST2, DXi, DXi2, Buzz, ReWire, MIDI, MP3, WAV, OGG). Didier notes ”We don't try to protect our data & come up with new formats only for marketing reasons. We use existing standards as much as possible, and allow FL Studio be used as a plugin in other hosts“. In version 10, particular emphasis has been given to improved workflow through enhanced interface design, so that ideas can be crystallized and creativity captured.
Free your audio - Route any instrument to any mixer track. Each mixer track can receive audio from any number of instruments, any number of other mixer tracks and a soundcard input. Mixer tracks, in turn, can send audio to any number of other mixer tracks and a soundcard output. Create sub-mixes, effects chains or complex mixes. FL studio’s flexible architecture sets audio free.
Free your mind - Choose your preferred workflow, compose using the step-sequencer or piano roll. Create in pattern or track mode, then arrange your ideas in the free ‘palette’ Playlist. The Playlist presents timeline as a virtual ‘canvas’ where each Playlist track can simultaneously hold any number of score, audio and automation events. Now that’s freedom.
- Make virtually any sound - FL10 includes over 30 software synthesizers covering acoustic/synthetic bass, electric guitar, multi-sampler tools including piano & strings, general sample playback and beat-slicing (With Rex 1 & 2 support).
- Synthesis techniques - span subtractive, modelling, FM, RM, granular and additive. With the addition of FL SynthMaker you can further create & share your own FL instruments, effects & MIDI control dashboards without the need to write basic code.
- Open plugin standards - FL Studio supports all PC industry plugin instrument standards including VSTi (1/2), DXi(1/2), Buzz and Rewire. This means you can sequence with your favorite plugins and applications.
Audio Recording & Editing
- Multi-channel audio inputs - With the ability to simultaneously capture all the inputs on your audio-interface, FL Studio has the flexibility to record a single vocalist, guitar or a full symphony orchestra.
- Arranging audio - Audio can be arranged, with complete freedom in the Playlist. Features include the ability to host an unlimited number of audio recordings, time-stretching, pitch-shifting, beat-slicing, cropping, editing and the re-arranging of audio with only a few mouse clicks.
- Edison - FL10’s audio capabilities are further enhanced with Edison, the recording wave editor. Edison is an integrated audio editing and recording tool with spectral analysis, convolution reverb, noise reduction, loop-recording, loop-construction tools and more.
FL Studio supports WAV, MP3, OGG, WavPack, AIFF, and REX audio formats.
Compose and record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way.
- Pattern or track sequencing - You choose, record your musical performances and ideas in the most logical way. FL Studio 10 can simultaneously function as a pattern and track based sequencer. Reuse patterns as Pattern Clips in the Playlist or record song-length sequences, as desired.
- Step sequencer or Piano roll - Scoring tools include FL Studio’s legendary Step-sequencer, one of the most advanced Piano roll’s in any software studio, event and multipoint automation envelopes. FL Studio supports MIDI input, standard controller compatibility, and the ability to simultaneously control multiple instrument channels from separate controllers.
FL Studio allows you to do what you want where and when you want.
Determine your own project design - In FL Studio 10, you decide how your project will be laid out. Unlike the competition, FL10's Playlist is a totally flexible and virtually unbounded workspace where Note Pattern, Audio and Automation data can be arranged and edited to suit your creative ideas and preferred workflow.
Mixing & Mastering
FL Studio provides all the tools you need to produce your tracks to high professional standards.
- The mixer - FL10 includes a superb 104 track stereo track mixer that is about precision, control and flexibility. The mixer’s tracks each hold up to 8 effects (VST, DX or FL's proprietary format). To create sub-mixes or mixing chains of almost unlimited complexity, each mixer track can be routed to any other mixer track, one of 4 dedicated 'send' channels and or the Master track. Sends provide the ability to sidechain inputs to multi-input effects plugins. Finally, each of the mixer tracks can be routed to any output on your audio interface, now that’s flexibility.
- Effects - What about effects? FL Studio includes more than 40 effects spanning maximization, limiting, compression, delay, distortion, equalization (graphic & parametric), filtering, phasing, flanging, chorus, vocoding and reverb. These have you covered for the creative broad-brush effects, through to the minutia of the mastering process.
Open plugin standards FL Studio supports all PC industry plugin effect standards including VST (1/2), DX(1/2), Buzz and Rewire. This means you can mix with your favorite plugins and applications.
In general: FL Studio runs on any machine operating Windows ME/200(3)/XP or Vista. FL Studio will run on an Intel Mac in Bootcamp (running Windows) or Parallels. The faster the CPU, the more channels & FX you will be able to run simultaneously.
Recommended System Requirements:
- minimum Pentium 4 or Athlon XP (any processor supporting SSE instructions) - Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista
- minimum 512MB ram - 200MB free hard disk space
- Windows compatible soundcard with DirectSound drivers, ASIO drivers required for audio recording (FL installer comes with generic Asio4All drivers)