4 Authentic Upright Pianos in one multi-platform Virtual Instrument
This all new collection of Vertical Pianos consists of four complete instruments. Each piano was carefully chosen, and the vintage instruments selected after an exhaustive search among hundreds of vintage uprights. Each of these authentic pianos was recorded with Synthogy´s usual meticulous attention to detail to capture the unique personalities of these instruments.
Ivory Upright Pianos includes the following instruments:
Modern Upright - A brand new Yamaha ® U5 upright
Yamaha uprights are widely regarded as the best uprights built today. The model U5 is the top of their upright line. Expertly tuned and regulated, it is a great piano for a modern pop, rock or jazz recording. Many musicians and producers love the way this upright sits in a mix and adds personality to the music.
Vintage Upright - 1914 A.M. Hume upright
This big, American-made upright is from the "golden age" of piano building. Hume pianos are highly regarded by knowledgeable piano technicians for their excellent build quality and resonant sound. This particular instrument was chosen for its tremendous tone and its all-original parts, which were carefully maintained over the years. This classic vintage American upright is versatile enough to carry virtually any style of music.
Honky Tonk, Barroom Upright - 1915 Packard upright
Another big, old American upright with all original parts, though this instrument has enjoyed a more "colorful" life than the Hume. This particular piano comes by its barroom sound authentically, having been the house piano at the famous Cheers bar in Boston for many years. Custom detuned in the genuine "honky tonk" style, this beauty has loads of smoky, scotch-and-soda character.
A genuine, early 1900´s, upright with real tacks in the hammers
Like the Barroom Upright, this piano is the real deal, not a synth emulation. Custom prepared for our recording session with metal tacks inserted into the hammer felts, and "not perfectly" tuned, this instrument is a turn of the century classic. The Tack Piano is an authentic sound that continues to be used in everything from traditional period and roots music, to classic pop and modern experimental rock.
Like all Synthogy products, Ivory Upright Pianos comes complete with the award-winning Ivory piano engine. All of the same great features of Ivory´s engine are included. In addition there are new features such as custom upright soundboard DSP, and a selectable "creaks and clunks" layer, to provide an even more authentic upright playing experience.
Ivory Upright Pianos is a full fledged, free standing Virtual Instrument, which can run on its own as a plug-in or standalone. Or, if you are an existing Ivory user, Ivory Upright Pianos will install directly into your existing Ivory library, giving you access to all of Ivory´s pianos and features from one great interface.
- 4 hand selected Upright Pianos including:
- Yamaha U5 Modern Upright
- 1914 A.M. Hume Vintage Upright
- Honky Tonk, Barroom Upright
- Real Tack Piano
- Comes with the world-renowned Ivory piano engine
- More than 50 GB Core Library
- Over 5000 Samples
- Up to 10 Velocity Layers
- Custom Upright Soundboard Emulation DSP
- Separate, selectable "creaks and clunks" layer, for added funk
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration
- Full EQ and Effects section
- All of Ivory´s Piano Specific features and controls
- Dozens of new programs and effects presets
- Ivory´s ´unified interface´ feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory´s pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, any two, or all three products, Ivory´s intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface
* 1.3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent CPU * 1 GB RAM * 16 GB free hard drive space * Windows XP, Service Pack 2 * DVD ROM drive for installation * iLok key (not included) * Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM recommended for all systems
* 1.0 GHz PowerPC G4, G5 or Intel CPU * 1 GB RAM * 16 GB free hard drive space * Mac OS X 10.4.x or greater * DVD ROM drive for installation * iLok key (not included) * Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM recommended for all systems