The impOSCar from GForce is a faithful reproduction of the classic OSCar* synthesizer used by artists including Stevie Wonder, Billie Currie, BT, Keith Emerson and Geoff Downes. This legendary vintage synth has been faithfully reproduced to the last detail—along with some new innovations. Use it in stand-alone or host mode.
- Extremely faithful analog modeling of classic OSCar synthesizer
- 2 digitally controlled oscillators, 13 waveforms
- User-programmable Additive Wave Matrix
- Mono, duo and 4 polyphonic arpeggiator modes
- 5 keyboard triggering modes
- 9 filter types with overdrive, cutoff, Q and separation
- 2 envelope generators
- Extensive LFO section with sync
- 6 portamento modes
- Powerful effects section
- Programmable velocity response
- MIDI learn with storable Continuous Controller maps
- 500+ designer patch library
- Full automation support
- Stand-alone or host operation (RTAS (PC/Mac), VST (PC/Mac), Mac AU
Unique Twist on a Unique Synth
The OSCar from the Oxford Synthesizer Company in England was a unique breed in its time. Its digital oscillators with Additive Wave Matrix combined with analog filters gave it the capability of delivering sounds like nobody had ever heard before—or since. Few of these units ever made it across the Atlantic, a handful of elite musicians such as Keith Emerson and Stevie Wonder being the exception. The impOSCar delivers all the goods found on the original and more. The software version features user programmable waveforms, built-in effects, polyphony and programmability. impOSCar also include a unique, easy-to-use interface for mapping MIDI Continuous Controllers to its programming controls.
Not only does the impOSCar have programmability that was never possible on the original OSCar, it comes with over 500 patches programmed by world-class musicians who really know their way around this synth. You get sounds from Billy Currie (Ultravox), Mark Moore (S-Express) Rick Smith (Underworld), Lee Groves (Basement Jaxx, Terminalhead), Tim Dorney (Republica) and Paul Wiffen—the original OSCar sound designer and OSCar programmer to Stevie Wonder and Jean-Michel Jarre.
Standalone or Host Operation
You can use the impOSCar by itself or as a plug-in from most popular host applications including Live 4, Cubase, Logic, GarageBand, SONAR, Digital Performer, ACID and Pro Tools LE/TDM. Compatible formats include VST 2.0 (Mac/PC including VSTi), RTAS (Mac/PC) and Audio Units (Mac). In other words, you can integrate with the rest of your studio and use it just about any way you want.
- VST 2.0 (Mac/PC including VSTi)
- RTAS (Mac/PC)
- MAS (Mac)
- Audio Units (Mac)
Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Pentium III 300MHz with 64MB RAM
- Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, and XP
- VST 2.0 or RTAS compatible host application for plug-in operation
- PowerMac G4 with 64MB RAM
- Mac OS 9 or later (CarbonLib 1.5 or higher required); OS X
- VST 2.0, RTAS, MAS, or Audio Unit compatible host application for plug-in operation