The only four-time winner of Electronic Musician Magazine's coveted Editors' Choice Award for Best Audio Sequencer, Digital Performer lets you play, record, edit, arrange, mix, process and master MIDI and audio tracks to produce musical recordings, sound tracks for film and television, and other audio production tasks.
Advanced new features
Version 5 includes six exciting new virtual instrument plug-ins, including the analog-style BassLine™ bass synth, classic retro PolySynth™, highly programmable two-oscillator Modulo™, super easy Nanosampler™ sample player, Model 12™ twelve-part drum module and imaginative Proton™ FM synth. Additional new features include track folders, the unique and flexible Meter Bridge™, new slip/slide/roll audio editing tools, built-in waveform editor enhancements, embedded audio file tempo map editing, QuickTime streamers/punches/flutters, visual click, advanced click track programming, new input monitoring modes such as Blend, clip-based volume automation curves, automatic audio voice allocation, built-in MIDI device configuration and convenient MIDIKeys™ MIDI data entry directly from the computer keyboard.
Digital Performer 5.12 installs as a Universal Binary application on an Intel Mac or PowerPC Mac and provides numerous code enhancements and optimizations for both Mac platforms.
The minimum requirements for DP 5 are:
- Mac OS 10.3.7 or higher (10.4 or higher for DP 5.1 or later)
- G4 500 MHz or faster
- 512 MB RAM
- A optical disc drive for installation (via CD-ROM)
- G4 dual 1 GHz or faster, or any Intel Mac (DP 5.1 or later required for Intel Mac support); dual processor/dual core systems are also recommended
- 1 GB RAM or more
- 17" (or larger) monitor is highly recommended
For using DP5 under DAE mode:
- DP 5.0-5.01: Pro Tools 6.7 or higher is required. For optimum performance, 7.1 cs4 or higher is strongly recommend.
- DP 5.1-5.11: Pro Tools 6.9.3 - 7.2.x is required. For optimum performance, 7.1 cs4 or higher is strongly recommended; for DP 5.11, 7.2 c1 is strongly recommended. DAE on Intel Macs is not supported (requires DP 5.12).
- DP 5.12: On Intel Macs, Pro Tools 7.2.1 - 7.3.1 cs2 is required; on PPC Macs, 7.1 cs9 - 7.3.1 cs2 is required. OS 10.4.7 or later is required for both Intel and PPC, and DAE 7.3.1 is recommended. Note: Native Instruments users, please see this tech note; Waves users, please see this tech note.
- As new versions of DAE become available, please check back at motu.com for compatibility information.