The EZkeys Upright sound library is a carefully sampled Östlind & Almquist piano which dates back to the late 1800s. This classic and award winning Swedish brand delivers a characteristic, rich and warm tone unlike any other instrument of its kind. It was sampled in painstaking detail at a world-class studio using the best in modern and vintage recording equipment.
By combining a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger with a meticulously sampled instrument, EZkeys marks the next step in creative music software.
The EZkeys software includes an extensive and pro-played MIDI library, compatible with any EZkeys sound library. The MIDI covers all major styles from pop, rock, and gospel to country and jazz. Performed by a session pianist and playedin full song section blocks (intro, verse, chorus etc), you simply just drag and drop your selections to the timeline to build the foundation to a professionally played piano track.
This combined with EZkeys’ revolutionary smart transpose functionality, writing songs has never been easier. When you drop a MIDI file on the timeline, EZkeys will analyze and separate all chords. The smart transpose wheel will allow you to change or alter single chords as well as transpose full songs on the fly while still keeping the rhythm and feel of the MIDI intact. Works on included as well as any imported third party MIDI
EZkeys Feature Overview
- 32- and 64-bit VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the - or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- "Humanize" any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
EZkeys MIDI Overview
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
EZkeys Upright Piano - Sound Library Overview
- A carefully sampled Östlind & Almquist upright piano
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden using only the best of the best in modern and vintage equipment
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability
- Includes Sympathetic Resonance based on real samples
- Due to our proprietary loss-less compression algorithm TPC, EZkeys Upright Piano is extremely low on system resources and only needs 500 MB of RAM. Normal loading time from launch to ready-to-play is less than ten seconds
The included signal chain presets are based on high quality effects from Overloud. Effects used range from reverb to tape simulation and distortion. You can control each preset by using a set of controls that will affect the individual parameters.
The default and all-round sound brings out the best in the natural upright tone. This preset will work perfectly in any type of song or mix!
A true bypass preset that represents what the piano sounded like from the raw recording.
A contemporary pop sound involving EQ, reverb and compression.
A slightly more reverberant take on a cutting edge modern British pop sound!
Delicate use of the EQ and reverb gives this sound that subtle room ambience, like you´d be sitting in front the piano in your own living room!
Bringing you back in time a good 150 years or so, this Wild West preset features a room reverb, stereo and tone control and of course a detuning function.
In this preset, tape simulation, room reverb and a slight phase cancellation gives your upright piano a nice retro vibe.
A chorused piano that will suit your long rock anthems!
A huge sounding preset tweaked for big mixes! Features reverb, tone and compression control. And of course - the mandatory chorus.
Heavy chorus, EQ and delay make this preset the perfect starting point for any kind of dance song.
Passing through both a tape delay and plate reverb, this ambient sounding preset is best used for softer tunes.
A round, warm and intimate tone for any country, blues or southern-spiced song!
Swedish House Piano:
Ambient and clear sounding preset, blended with chorus, exciter as well as delay and reverb.
Plate in the mix:
A classic piano sound, featuring high and low frequency control blended with a beautiful plate reverb.
LFO-based preset that gives you control over waveform, frequency, resonance and speed.