Not sure which Scarlett to get? Check out our feature and price comparison chart.
The Scarlett 18i8 extends the popular Scarlett range of audio interfaces from Focusrite, each of which offers a series of high quality inputs and outputs for almost every recording requirement. The Scarlett 18i8 is the first interface from Focusrite to include four award-winning mic preamps. The Scarlett 18i8 18-in / 8-out USB 2.0 audio interface is designed for producers / recording artists / bands who require the ability to record a significant number of sources at the same time. An ADAT option allows the connection of external mic preamps such as the Focusrite OctoPre Mk II, extending the number of mic pres to 12. The Scarlett 18i8 works on Mac, PC and iPad® (via Apple® Camera Connection Kit – not included).
Focusrite Red Plugin Suite -
Free when you buy any Focusrite Scarlett, Clarett, Forte or Saffire audio interface. Get great sounding mic preamps for recording along wiith high end mix plugins, available when you register the product with Focusrite.
Your Chance To Win Focusrite Red Hardware Buy a Focusrite Scarlett, Saffire or Clarett interface before 31/7/15 and you can enter a competition to win a Red 3 Compressor or one of ten Red 1 500 mic preamps. Full Details And How To Enter.
Show full description »
Scarlett 18i8 USB Interface Inc. Plugin Suite
Red and Focusrite go together like a gold top and Gibson. Whether it's their highly regarded preamps and outboard from the 90's or this modern Scarlett interface, you're getting renowned sound and robust build quality. You can even get the sound of their classic units using the included Scarlett plugin suite and a classic Novation synth with the Bass Station instrument plugin.
18 separate inputs
At the heart of the Scarlett 18i8 is a set of four Focusrite mic preamps with up to 60dB gain, designed specifically for Focusrite’s computer audio interfaces. The first two offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS connectors while three and four offer Mic/Line capability on universal XLR/TRS – all four on the front panel with pads and 48v phantom power. Four more line inputs are provided on TRS connectors. An ADAT optical digital connector provides eight additional digital inputs that can also be used with external mic pres such as the Focusrite OctoPre Mk II to increase the number of microphone inputs the 18i8 can handle to 12. A stereo S/PDIF coaxial input is also included.
Focusrite: 25 years of audio excellence
Focusrite was commissioned to make its first ‘no-holds-barred’ microphone preamps by Sir George Martin for his Air Studio facility in London. Over the following 25 years Focusrite designed some of the finest mic preamps in the music industry, and in recent years has developed a series of best-selling audio interfaces for people who really care about sound.
- Four award-winning Focusrite mic pres The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-years of design experience underpins this new interface with four award-winning preamps
- Two headphone outputs with level controls With two headphone mixes the engineer and the artist can both listen to the mix at the levels they need.
- High quality 24bit/96KHz audio interfaces for Mac, PC and iPad Both feature professional conversion technology guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization on Mac, PC and iPad (or any iOS device via the Apple Camera Connection Kit – not included).
- Rugged metal unibody chassis Whether you are in the studio or on the road your Scarlett will not only look great, but also withstand the impacts sustained by a mobile recording rig.
- Unique gain halos for safeguarding your levels Unique gain halo indicators make it clear when you have a good signal for recording. When the halos are green you have a good level, and when they turn red it means you need to turn the gain down.
- Large main monitor control A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume levels right at your fingertips.
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer and router Scarlett MixControl provides a DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets, and lower than 1.4 ms latency.
- Powerful software bundle Includes the Scarlett Plug-in Suite (Compression, Gating, EQ and Reverb for tracking and mixing), Ableton Live Lite, Loopmasters sample content and the Novation Bass Station analogue modelling synth plug-in.
- 18 inputs and 8 outputs All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multi-track recording. No need for breakout cables - every analogue input & output has a dedicated socket.