The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Interface is the perfect usb sound card for the mobile musician, or for use as an affordable interface for a home recording studio. Built around the award-winning technology of the popular Scarlett 8i6 interface the awesome Scarlet 2i2 ships withthe Scarlett 2i2 Plug-in Suite and Ableton Live Lite.
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is an easy to use interface perfect for budding/first time producers and musicians who want a studio-grade soundcard at an affordable price.
A 2-in/2-out interface with Focusrite's renowned pre-amp technology for routing high-quality, low distortion audio to and from your Mac (OS X Lion ready) or PC.
Like all models within the Focusrite scarlet range of interfaces, the Scarlett 2i2 has a tiny desktop footprint, easy to set up and is powered by USB (no need for clunky adaptors), so is ideal for the musician on the move, with rugged aluminium housing.
The green and red LED "halos" around the gain controls are also massively helpful on the ease-of-use front. Similarly to the Scarlett 8i6, they show at a glance whether the interface is overloading or correctly receiving input.
Included with the Scarlett 2i2 is the Scarlett Plug-in Suite. Inspired by the famous Focusrite Red range and the classic ISA console modules, these tailored plug-ins provide Compression, Gating , EQ, and Reverb for tracking and mixing. Also included is the Ableton Live Lite DAW music software so can start making and recording music straight away.
- Inputs 1 & 2: Neutrik Combo input sockets - Connect microphones, instruments (e.g., guitar) or line level signals via XLR or 1/4" (6.35 mm) jacks as appropriate
- Gain 01 and Gain 02: Adjust the input gain for input signals on inputs 1 and 2 respectively. The gain controls have concentric bi-colour LED ‘rings’ to confirm signal level: green indicates an input level of at least -24 dBFS (i.e., ‘signal present’), the ring then turns red when signal level reaches 0 dBFS
- 48V phantom power switch for mic inputs: Enables +48 V phantom power at the XLR contacts of both Combo connectors
- LINE/INST: Line / Instrument level switches for each input – switches gain to suit instrument or line level signals
- MONITOR: Main monitor output level control - sets the output level at the main (rear panel) outputs 1 & 2
- USB LED: Illuminates when the unit receives USB bus power and is recognised by the host computer
- Headphone level: Adjusts the output level at the front panel stereo headphone output
- Headphone socket: 1/4" TRS output jack - connect your stereo headphones here
- Kensington security lock: Secure your Scarlett 2i2 to a suitable structure if desired
- USB 2.0 port: Type B connector; connect to your computer with cable supplied
- Line outputs: 2 x 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS jack sockets; +4 dBu output level
- A-D dynamic range: 105 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all inputs). Converter chipset A-D dynamic range 114 dB
- D-A dynamic range: Range 104 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all outputs). Converter chipset D-A dynamic range 114 dB
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- THD+N: 0.002% (minimum gain, -1 dBFS input with 20 Hz - 22 kHz filter)
- Mic 1 and 2 Input impedance: 2 kOhm
- Line Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 175 mm x 45 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 0.5kg