Developed with home studios and portable set ups in mind. The unit provides 8 inputs and 6 outputs, two of Focusrite's award-winning preamps plus many other exciting features which seamlessly integrate with the latest in mix control software to deliver incredible routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
Whether you're after some incredible AD/DA conversion, a guitar interface or pristine quality from Focusrite preamps the Scarlett is a superb soundcard for PC/Mac. Among the best sounding out there, Focusrite's experience in creating studio quality gear shines through.
Included with the Scarlett 8i6 is Scarlett MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. Offering a level of flexibility that is remarkable at this price point, the MixControl software enables you to create six separate mixes with ultra-low-latency. Route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the Scarlett 8i6 outputs. Intuitive one-click configurations help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Scarlett 8i6 comes with all of the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite comes in the box, adding Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ to your recording system.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Two Focusrite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst cutting-edge digital conversion captures your audio with pristine quality. Combined with the very latest in USB interfacing technology, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability, the Scarlett 8i6 is the heart of the modern home studio.
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps - The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-year legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning preamps.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB interface Features professional conversion and jitter reduction technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Total I/O count of 8 inputs and 6 outputs A host of I/O options are provided*, including a unique Loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Scarlett MixControl.
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router Provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it takes sound to travel two feet through air!).
- Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with Focusrite's Scarlett compression, reverb, gating and EQ.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs No need for a separate DI. The first two channels feature high-gain instrument inputs.
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus Providing a fully customised monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
- Monitor levels are always within reach A front panel volume dial provides immediate control over the main stereo outputs.
- Switchable phantom power Across both mic pre inputs, globally switchable direct from the front fascia.
- Software PFL Allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix.