The RME HDSPe PCI Express card for Multiface, Multiface II, Digiface and RPM. The PCI engine of the Hammerfall DSP System, interfaces with Hammerfall DSP I/O-boxes.
The RME HDSPe PCI express card uses RME's own audio bus, already known from the PCI version, operating in combination with Multiface II, Multiface, Digiface and the RPM DJ interface. RME is especially proud on the fact that all users of RME interfaces can easily expand their system so that it operates with the latest and fastest PCI Express computers and Windows Vista, not losing all the money formerly invested in audio hardware.
A 6 year old Multiface of the first generation can still be used today with the fastest multi-processor systems! As an additional option the HDSPe PCI card can be used directly with RME's Time Code Option Module, offering an SMPTE controlled operation. RME's HDSPe PCI card is not based on a PCI to PCI Express bridge, which would simply add PCIe to existing PCI technology.
It is a newly developed genuine PCI Express solution, which consequently takes full advantage of the new format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio. Thanks to RME's flash update technology, future firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time. The PCI Express interface of the HDSP system is based on the PCI Express Base Specification v1.1. It represents a 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint Device and supports 2.5 Gbps line speed.
Thanks to the packet-based full duplex communication, the card provides a transfer rate of up to 500 MB/s - 250 MB/s in every direction. The connection between PCI card and I/O box is established using ordinary firewire cable (IEEE 1394, 6-pole.) The data transfer does not use Firewire protocol, but RME's own proprietary bus protocol. The supplied cable is 4.5 m (15 ft.) long. The PCI card operates as power supply for the attached I/O-box (Digiface, Multiface, Multiface II, RPM) over the FireWire cable.
- PCIe Express interface
- For the connection of Multiface, Multiface II, Digiface and RPM Hammerfall DSP I/O-boxes
- Short PCI Express card
- Even lower latencies
- Direct support of HDSP TCO - Timecode Option Module
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint Device
- 250 MB/s transfer rate per direction
- Secure BIOS Technology: card stays fully functional even when the flash process fails
- Output: IEEE 1394 connector, RME bus protocol
- Package contents: PCI card, cable 4.5 meter (15 ft) IEEE 1394a
- Supplied with drivers for Windows XP (multi-client operation of MME, GSIF and ASIO 2.0) and brand new Windows Vista drivers. Apple - Power PC and X86 (Intel) drivers, Core Audio and Core MIDI support