That Focusrite are dedicated to great sound is beyond doubt. With a legacy that goes back decades, their preamps have been used in high end facilities around the globe and now the Clarett range offers hit record quality for home and project studios.
The Thunderbolt interface you were waiting for! Better, faster and easier than any other, the Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre is here to blow the competition out of the water! Designed for the project studio that needs plenty of I/O, Focusrite’s 18-in, 20-out Clarett 8Pre combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading digital conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latency – so low that you can use DAW plugins while monitoring a performance that’s being recorded.
The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the switchable “Air” effect that models the sound of Focusrite’s renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. Instrument inputs offer extended headroom to suit the loudest guitar pickup, while gain controls employ a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
For easy access even when rack mounted, the compact (1U) Clarett 8Pre includes dual mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel. Also on the front panel are two independently-controlled headphone outputs with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels.
The Clarett 8Pre, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) dynamic range, and combines it with an astonishingly low round-trip latency – making it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins in the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording experience.
The metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analogue and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons.
Word Clock output is provided, allowing the Clarett 8Pre to provide the master clock for the system.
A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
There’s never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra ‘Air’
- The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special “Air” feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Use DAW plugins in real time
- With leading-edge round-trip audio latency over Thunderbolt, you can record and monitor with the plug-ins in your DAW, in real time.
- Precision digital conversion
- Clarett features Focusrite’s class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- Full I/O complement
- 18 audio inputs and 20 outputs within a 1U rack space, including eight analogue inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo SPDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT I/O. The additional ADAT output is ideal for sending audio to an external D/A for line output expansion, while the input can be used, for example, to bring in eight additional digital mic pre channels for maximum flexibility.
- Easy Access
- Two mic/line/instrument inputs are provided on the front panel for easy access even when rack mounted, the remaining connections being accessed via the rear panel.
- Accessible metering and monitoring
- The monitor panel provides analogue and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel LED meter. Monitor features include a level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs
- Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs are provided, powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphones – perfect for tracking and mixing.
- Software Mixer for maximum control
- Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control also allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
- Classic processor plugins included
- Every Clarett includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- Digital sync on-board
- Includes Word Clock In, enabling it to sync to word clock from any external digital device.
Clarett 8Pre What’s In The Box
- Clarett 8Pre
- Getting Started Guide (Including serial number and bundle code for registering and accessing free software)
- Power Cable
Clarett 8Pre System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Windows Support Coming Soon
Clarett 8Pre Included Software
- Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite
- 1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Focusrite Control (DSP Mixer)
Focusrite Red Plugin Suite -
Free when you buy any Focusrite Scarlett, Clarett, Forte or Saffire audio interface. Get great sounding mic preamps for recording along wiith high end mix plugins, available when you register the product with Focusrite.
- New Clarett preamps model the classic ISA design
- Best in class dynamic range: 118dB A/D and 119dB D/A
- Latest Thunderbolt technology ensures interface latency of under 1ms
- 24bit, 192kHz sample rates
- New 64-bit AAX, AU and VST compatible Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- Detailed metering
- Includes MIDI I/O