The new IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android is the sequel to the most popular guitar interface of all time, and, of course, is now even better!
The IK Multimedia iRig 2 is a very affordable and useful tool for electric guitar players. The iRig 2 is the new and improved version of the groundbreaking and best selling iRig guitar interface, allowing you to enjoy an amazing tone when you play and record on your mobile device.
Featuring everything you loved about iRig, it has powerful sound and streamlined convenience, and it packs essential new features like versatile gain control, a 1/4" amplifier output and Android compatibility into its sleek pocketable enclosure.
Now everyone can plug in their guitar or bass to enjoy killer tone on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Android device — with the release of iRig 2, the world’s most popular guitar interface is better than ever before.
If you loved iRig's versatility, you'll love what iRig 2 brings to the table. Its new 1/4” output jack lets you use iRig 2 with an amplifier as a part of your live rig without the use of an adaptor.
This opens up a whole world of opportunities when paired with AmpliTube, IK's powerful guitar and bass multi-effects processor. It provides you with a vast library of meticulously modeled virtual stompbox effects, amplifiers and other gear that you can use as a part of your physical rig when you're jamming with friends, at a practice session, in the recording studio or performing live. Or, if you want to be discreet, plug your headphones into the included 1/8” headphone output.
Even better is that iRig 2 features a switch that lets you select between a processed signal and a clean "thru" input signal. This means you can also use your mobile device as a tuner, recorder or other tool while preserving the purity of a 100% analog signal path.
iRig 2 is there to help you make your practice and performance sessions as easy as possible. It comes with a microphone stand mount and Velcro strip that allow you to easy attach it for performance alongside other convenient tools like IK's iKlip range of mic supports for all sizes of smartphones and tablets.
Plug and play simplicity on every device
iRig 2 has been made to be compatible with the widest range of instruments and mobile devices possible. Its built-in universal 1/8” TRRS output connector gives you a true plug-and-play experience with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Android device.
Likewise, its 1/4” instrument input works with your guitar, bass or any line-level instrument. Just plug into it like you would into a stompbox or amplifier. It’s as simple as that.
And because volume levels vary from instrument to instrument and from device to device, iRig 2 comes equipped with an input gain control knob that lets you dial in the perfect setting for your setup. You’ll get great sound quality no matter whether you have a wailing 3 humbucker electric guitar running into your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or a jazzy archtop connected to your iPhone 6.
Your guitar tone on your Android phone (or tablet)
Got an Android smartphone or tablet? Great! iRig 2's 1/8” output connector is compatible with many popular Android devices produced by manufacturers like Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC and more — any device with an 1/8” input that supports the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard works with iRig 2.
Additionally, users with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio can enjoy AmpliTube for Android, a special version of the popular multi-effects processor that brings a full spread of meticulously modeled virtual gear to the Android platform.
- The sequel to the best-selling iRig interface
- 1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other instruments
- 1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
- 1/8” TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
- 1/8” headphone output
- Compact and lightweight design
- Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
- Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
- Comes with microphone stand Velcro strip
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software
A digital rig with physical presence
With iRig 2, you’ll be able to enjoy IK’s full range of AmpliTube apps (the #1 app for guitar players). It's ready to go right out of the box. It comes with a powerful cross-platform suite of apps and software that includes free versions of AmpliTube for iOS, Android and Mac/PC.
To use, just download your preferred version for iOS from the App Store or for Android from the Google Play Store or from Samsung GALAXY Apps. Then plug your guitar or bass into iRig 2, plug your amplifier or headphones into your device and launch the app.
Immediately you'll see something very familiar: a complete guitar rig. AmpliTube recreates your entire guitar or bass signal chain in your mobile device and also — depending on your device — provides you with other advanced features, like multi-track recording and editing, high-quality export and more.
And while iRig 2 is the ideal companion to AmpliTube, it also works with any other recording, processing, tuning or music app.
AmpliTube is always growing, and we add great sounding and fun new gear models on a regular basis. The in-app purchase feature lets you expand your AmpliTube app whenever and however you want. You can start your journey into this universe of tone with AmpliTube FREE, and then add to your collection of gear at your own pace.
iRig 2 Specifications
- Input Impedance: 380 kOhms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.2 dB
- Instrument Input Connection: 1/4" Jack
- Amplifier Output Connection: 1/4" Jack
- Device Output Connection: 1/8" TRRS Jack
- Headphone Output Connection: 1/8" Jack
- Dimensions: Size: 72mm/2.83" x 39mm/1.54" x 21mm/0.85", Weight: 43g/1.57oz
- iRig 2 guitar interface
- Detachable microphone stand Velcro-slot
- Velcro strip
- iOS Devices: Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
- Android Devices: To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard. AmpliTube for Android is compatible with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio technology, like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 require Android 5.
- Computers: Mac®: Most Mac computers starting from late 2008 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line. To check if your Mac is compatible select: About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Audio and check that "External Microphone / iPhone headset" is appearing on the list of included features.