A smaller version of the MIDI Express XT but the Micro Express doesn't compromise at all on quality and has many of the same features as it's big brother. Superb problem solving solution and hub for any MIDI based studios.
The micro express provides 4 MIDI inputs, 6 MIDI outputs, 96 MIDI channels and compatibility with all Mac and Windows software. Sixteen convenient, one-touch presets (8 factory and 8 user programmable) give you instant front-panel access to multiple operational configurations.
The included ClockWorks™ console software for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista provides comprehensive MIDI routing, merging and muting.
Professional Time Code Sync
As a professional-grade SMPTE time code synchronizer, the micro express converts and stripes time code in all frame formats (23.976*, 24, 25, 29.97 drop and non-drop, and 30). SMPTE “jam sync” with adjustable freewheeling provides glitch-free sync.
The micro express also supports MIDI Machine Control (MMC), with the ability to serve as either an MMC master or slave. The micro express can distribute MMC transport commands to all other connected MMC devices.
Expandable, plug-and-play bus-powered USB operation
The micro express takes full advantage of USB, giving you high-speed MIDI throughput, sub-millisecond timing accuracy, support for “hot-swapping” and plug-and-play expansion. Need to connect another sound module or synth? No problem. Just add another MOTU USB MIDI interface via any available USB port. Because it's bus--powered, you can take the micro express anywhere.
- USB MIDI interface for Mac and Windows
- Stand-alone MIDI patchbay/merger/processor (when powered via USB)
- SMPTE time code sync in all formats (includes new support for
23.976* fps time code)
- 4x6 MIDI merge matrix: connects any device to any other
- 16 front panel presets
- 4 independent MIDI IN
- 6 independent MIDI OUT
- 96 MIDI channels
- Supports MIDI Machine Control transport messages
- Pedal input for momentary foot switch
- 16 presets with 8 programmable, battery-backed memory
- MIDI Time Stamping (MTS) for sub-millisecond timing accuracy
- Includes updated drivers and ClockWorks™ software for Mac and
- USB bus-powered